3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  robbieXeff on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:23 am

I saw there were random threads created around the times of releases of 3A. Figure I'd make like an official one the we can talk about all the releases and junk. Plus it gives me more to talk about over here.


robbieXeff
CAD Recruit

Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  ASPrintingPress on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 am

My wife is so gonna leave me once these arrive. Guess I need to learn to couch surf.


ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 37
Location : Roanoke, Virginia

View user profile http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  robbieXeff on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:10 am

just wait till you start getting into the humans.

robbieXeff
CAD Recruit

Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  sbbenhcs on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 am

ohemgee. did you actually go for the four-pack?!? that's some serious business.

i've had to cut myself off from the wwr line. and all the 1:12 scale stuff.
the human figs are pretty legit, though. can't wait for little shadow and reimi to show up!

sbbenhcs
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 41
Location : my kind of town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  BigC on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 am

cool

BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4506
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : Bay Area California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  Attila The Dan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:06 pm

robbieXeff wrote:

Hey, I know nothing about these guys but that robot @ the back right looks sick, how much would that go for and are they hard to pick up?

Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 32
Location : London UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  wpaarts on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:
Hey, I know nothing about these guys but that robot @ the back right looks sick, how much would that go for and are they hard to pick up?
3A will ruin you Wink

wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 38
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  Attila The Dan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 pm

wpaarts wrote:3A will ruin you Wink

Hahaa, Im already ruined! Laughing

Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 32
Location : London UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  ASPrintingPress on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:34 pm

robbieXeff wrote:just wait till you start getting into the humans.

I have the will of ten men, well ten very small weak sickly men but ten none the less. I WILL RESIST!!! (except for the Nom Commanders so someone hit me up)

sbbenhcs wrote:ohemgee. did you actually go for the four-pack?!? that's some serious business.

i've had to cut myself off from the wwr line. and all the 1:12 scale stuff.
the human figs are pretty legit, though. can't wait for little shadow and reimi to show up!

Not all four but three yes, I'm not feeling the Bromwich.

ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 37
Location : Roanoke, Virginia

View user profile http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  sbbenhcs on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:Hey, I know nothing about these guys but that robot @ the back right looks sick, how much would that go for and are they hard to pick up?

that, dear friend, is the 1:6 version of the dirty deeds bertie. i'd say figure somewhere in the $500 range, and there area a few floating around, like this one over at the kr forums.

sbbenhcs
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 41
Location : my kind of town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  Neo_182 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm

sbbenhcs wrote:
Attila The Dan wrote:Hey, I know nothing about these guys but that robot @ the back right looks sick, how much would that go for and are they hard to pick up?

that, dear friend, is the 1:6 version of the dirty deeds bertie. i'd say figure somewhere in the $500 range, and there area a few floating around, like this one over at the kr forums.

I started collecting in KR stuff. Then stumbled into 3A. Trust us when we say stick to Jamungo. They sell out in a flash. I mean it. You end up chopping your arm and selling it on the black market to acquire some of these figs.

Heres ebay just to give you an idea. And the prices there are inflated greatly.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Ashley+wood+3a&_sacat=0&_odkw=Ashley+wood&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Neo_182
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 553
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 32
Location : Ottawa

View user profile http://raptr.com/Neo_182

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  Attila The Dan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Neo_182 wrote:
sbbenhcs wrote:
Attila The Dan wrote:Hey, I know nothing about these guys but that robot @ the back right looks sick, how much would that go for and are they hard to pick up?

that, dear friend, is the 1:6 version of the dirty deeds bertie. i'd say figure somewhere in the $500 range, and there area a few floating around, like this one over at the kr forums.

I started collecting in KR stuff. Then stumbled into 3A. Trust us when we say stick to Jamungo. They sell out in a flash. I mean it. You end up chopping your arm and selling it on the black market to acquire some of these figs.

Heres ebay just to give you an idea. And the prices there are inflated greatly.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Ashley+wood+3a&_sacat=0&_odkw=Ashley+wood&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Ouff! .. Thanks guys

Exits thread .. quickly! Shocked

Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 32
Location : London UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  wpaarts on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 pm

I bought a Drophcloth for ~$60 (including S&H) over at ebay.
But on the other hand the Dropcloths doesn't seem SO popular scratch

wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 38
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  sbbenhcs on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:45 pm

well fortunately (un-fortunately?) 3A has gained a lot of exposure in the last year, so there seem to be bigger production runs with each release. so the influx of new collectors start clamoring for early releases (with much lower run numbers)... enter the flippers, and there you go. stupidly over-priced, yet still really cool, toys.

sbbenhcs
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 41
Location : my kind of town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  ASPrintingPress on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:21 am

wpaarts wrote:I bought a Drophcloth for ~$60 (including S&H) over at ebay.
But on the other hand the Dropcloths doesn't seem SO popular scratch

Dang, that's a great price. I got one then decided they were a lot cooler than I expected so I picked up another, then another. Very Happy May go back for one more but my wallet needs a break. Unless I can find a good deal on the EMGY, I might be all in on that one.

ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 37
Location : Roanoke, Virginia

View user profile http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  ezramyl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 am

I had to give up on 3A to fund some house remodeling and avoid going bankrupt. lol!

I mean, I had everything for a while there from the first Nom de Plume to the current Dropcloths... Popbot is what got me into 3A, as I was really into Ashley Wood's art from many years ago.

It felt good giving up collecting 3A, though, both on my wallet and mental state.

I still have Popbot on order, so I am looking forward to that release. I think I still have some preorders still not arrived from 5 months ago that aren't released yet (TQ and Little Shadow). I will probably have to sell those when they arrive, except for Popbot!

ezramyl
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2009-07-30
Location : East Coast, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  Nocash138 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:05 am

ezramyl wrote:I had to give up on 3A to fund some house remodeling and avoid going bankrupt. lol!

I mean, I had everything for a while there from the first Nom de Plume to the current Dropcloths... Popbot is what got me into 3A, as I was really into Ashley Wood's art from many years ago.

It felt good giving up collecting 3A, though, both on my wallet and mental state.

I still have Popbot on order, so I am looking forward to that release. I think I still have some preorders still not arrived from 5 months ago that aren't released yet (TQ and Little Shadow). I will probably have to sell those when they arrive, except for Popbot!

Lame, quitting is for quitters. 3A for Life!

Nocash138
CAD Grunt

Posts : 291
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : Dirty South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  sbbenhcs on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:38 am

lol... quitters.
i understand the sentiment, though. i've been dropping all my wwr and wwrp pieces,
in favor of focusing on the 1:6 ak and popbot lines. it took biblical levels of self-restraint
to pass on the heavy bramble and action portable drops. (luckily for me, there were 2
other tk's on sale at the time!) =p

sbbenhcs
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 41
Location : my kind of town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  ontheDL on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:21 am

Anyone in the states get their armstrongs yet?

ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4588
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 32
Location : Vegas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  BigC on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 am

sbbenhcs wrote:lol... quitters.
i understand the sentiment, though. i've been dropping all my wwr and wwrp pieces,
in favor of focusing on the 1:6 ak and popbot lines. it took biblical levels of self-restraint
to pass on the heavy bramble and action portable drops. (luckily for me, there were 2
other tk's on sale at the time!) =p

I want one of the smaller robots with the severed heads....ugh.....hahaha

BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4506
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : Bay Area California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  sbbenhcs on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:57 am

oh noes! calls teh whaaambulance!
(lol... notice the three a's? the emo is spreading!)

solz bigc... no severed head love.
... wait, does that sound right? =p

sbbenhcs
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 41
Location : my kind of town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  BigC on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:11 am

sbbenhcs wrote:oh noes! calls teh whaaambulance!
(lol... notice the three a's? the emo is spreading!)

solz bigc... no severed head love.
... wait, does that sound right? =p
hahahaha

BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4506
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : Bay Area California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  dreamattack27 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:34 am

Is that engrish?

dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 3825
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 42
Location : Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  wpaarts on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:50 pm

ezramyl wrote:I had to give up on 3A to fund some house remodeling and avoid going bankrupt. lol!

I mean, I had everything for a while there from the first Nom de Plume to the current Dropcloths... Popbot is what got me into 3A, as I was really into Ashley Wood's art from many years ago.

It felt good giving up collecting 3A, though, both on my wallet and mental state.

I still have Popbot on order, so I am looking forward to that release. I think I still have some preorders still not arrived from 5 months ago that aren't released yet (TQ and Little Shadow). I will probably have to sell those when they arrive, except for Popbot!

TQ I love you
Maybe sell it to me Wink

wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 38
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  sbbenhcs on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 pm

hey atilla (or anyone else that may be interested)... there's a 1:6 scale dirty deeds bertie going for $400 here on the kr forums.

sbbenhcs
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 41
Location : my kind of town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3A // Ashley Wood Thread

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:35 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum