Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  LonerStoner on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Anyone thinking about jumping on the South Park minis when they are dropped in the fall?
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  wpaarts on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:27 am

Any teaser pics yet?

However, probably not...
avatar
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 39
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  gasTHUMB on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:33 am

I may dabble with a few

dabble dabble dabble

tongue
avatar
gasTHUMB
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 381
Join date : 2011-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  kevbayer on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 am

i am so anti KR right now...especially after that huck bs
avatar
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Posts : 276
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 45
Location : Saratoga ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  fender on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:55 am

I dont really like the simpson/family guy/south park mini's plus the quality looks incredibly cheap on the pieces I've seen. Would have thought the whole using t.v shows as merchandise/urban designer vinyl would have played out by now. Makes me wonder why KR doesn't think of using the amazing out of customing talent on their boards and bring some of their designs into production instead of reusing the same crap.
avatar
fender
I love C3p0

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Chillin with da' Germs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  LonerStoner on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am

fender wrote:I dont really like the simpson/family guy/south park mini's plus the quality looks incredibly cheap on the pieces I've seen. Would have thought the whole using t.v shows as merchandise/urban designer vinyl would have played out by now. Makes me wonder why KR doesn't think of using the amazing out of customing talent on their boards and bring some of their designs into production instead of reusing the same crap.
agreed, one of my collecting rules was to eliminate figures from tv animation such as the simpsons, supersized etc.
but i am a huge fan of the simpsons, futurama and SP
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  ontheDL on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 am

kevbayer wrote:i am so anti KR right now...especially after that huck bs

Please enlighten me.
avatar
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4654
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 34
Location : Vegas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  manny on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:36 am

fender wrote:I dont really like the simpson/family guy/south park mini's plus the quality looks incredibly cheap on the pieces I've seen. Would have thought the whole using t.v shows as merchandise/urban designer vinyl would have played out by now. Makes me wonder why KR doesn't think of using the amazing out of customing talent on their boards and bring some of their designs into production instead of reusing the same crap.

Absolutely true! I've always that way about those. They remind me of cereal giveaways.
avatar
manny
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1019
Join date : 2010-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  dreamattack27 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am

ontheDL wrote:
kevbayer wrote:i am so anti KR right now...especially after that huck bs

Please enlighten me.

Yes, me too. what happened? I so rarely go over there now.
avatar
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 3825
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 43
Location : Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  kevbayer on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Really i very rarely go over to the KR boards to much anymore, But they really f'd up the sale of the last dunny...buy not putting a limit on how many you could buy, putting up for sale early, letting people put in there carts before it went on sale...ect. Also there strategy of taking one of the best new designs that they had and making it ultra limited buy only selling it first at comic con then the other version..limiting it to 650 available pieces. ( but 50 where only available at wondercon)

Plus there quality control sucks they cant put out a figure without some sort of problem even at $80 a pop...Believe me I know I may sound like a winer because i didnt get one or what ever...and that is cool, but i am over it. I would rather support organizations like jamungo or Circus posterus or buy amrep, melvins & electric wizard records
avatar
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Posts : 276
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 45
Location : Saratoga ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  EOS on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:49 am

ontheDL wrote:
kevbayer wrote:i am so anti KR right now...especially after that huck bs

Please enlighten me.

Yeah! What is this all Huck Gee talk about? I mean, I kinda know where this is going, but what else has he done as of late to make some of you upset?
avatar
EOS
CAD Grunt

Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-26
Location : Bay Area, California

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ani.eos

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  wpaarts on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm

EOS wrote:Yeah! What is this all Huck Gee talk about? I mean, I kinda know where this is going, but what else has he done as of late to make some of you upset?
People just like to grunt... Suspect
avatar
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 39
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  kevbayer on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:04 pm

i didnt say anything bad about huck, it is not about that, it is that KR as a company makes the same stupid mistakes over and over, they put out sub par products with poor QC. To be honest for every one thing good they have done for the toy industry, they have done 2 or more bad things.

People who a relatively new to the toy world may not realize it and will see me a an attention grabbeing hater....and thats cool because i dont care. People who have been around for a longer time will know i am right.
avatar
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Posts : 276
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 45
Location : Saratoga ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  EOS on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 pm


Gotcha!
avatar
EOS
CAD Grunt

Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-26
Location : Bay Area, California

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ani.eos

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  whacko on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:24 pm

kevbayer wrote:i didnt say anything bad about huck, it is not about that, it is that KR as a company makes the same stupid mistakes over and over, they put out sub par products with poor QC. To be honest for every one thing good they have done for the toy industry, they have done 2 or more bad things.

People who a relatively new to the toy world may not realize it and will see me a an attention grabbeing hater....and thats cool because i dont care. People who have been around for a longer time will know i am right.

I have never really been interested in anything KR puts out. Well there was one thing but it was much more than I wanted to pay. Most of what KR does recently is oversaturate the urban and collectible vinyl scene with licensed toys of dubious quality. I know that without KR there would likely be no Jamungo and any number of other smaller toy makers, but at some point endlessly pumping out sets of very similar and unexciting toys will drive away casual collectors and devalue the truly awesome toys like Squadts and BUDs. Just my 2
avatar
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2008-07-13
Age : 37
Location : MA USA

View user profile http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  fender on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 am

whacko wrote:
kevbayer wrote:i didnt say anything bad about huck, it is not about that, it is that KR as a company makes the same stupid mistakes over and over, they put out sub par products with poor QC. To be honest for every one thing good they have done for the toy industry, they have done 2 or more bad things.

People who a relatively new to the toy world may not realize it and will see me a an attention grabbeing hater....and thats cool because i dont care. People who have been around for a longer time will know i am right.

I have never really been interested in anything KR puts out. Well there was one thing but it was much more than I wanted to pay. Most of what KR does recently is oversaturate the urban and collectible vinyl scene with licensed toys of dubious quality. I know that without KR there would likely be no Jamungo and any number of other smaller toy makers, but at some point endlessly pumping out sets of very similar and unexciting toys will drive away casual collectors and devalue the truly awesome toys like Squadts and BUDs. Just my 2

Loved that skull too, not for 200$ love but still was pretty dope. Although I heard the jaw didn't close right and had some issues with not matching up.

Btw can someone explain the huck dunny? Over at KR everyone keeps talking about it but not really in detail for anyone on the outside to understand. Was that 650 editon (50@wondercon) the huck dunny?
avatar
fender
I love C3p0

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Chillin with da' Germs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  dreamattack27 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:20 am

Kidrobot plays a role in the toy business. Kidrobot is the toy equivalent of pop music. It is designed to appeal to the masses and to make money. It's not offensive, but it's rarely of much substance. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but typically that is their role. Jamungo and Playge and some of the other companies out there are like independent record labels. The output is of higher quality, is produced to be interesting and push boundaries, has zealots for fans, and might change the world if enough people were exposed to it.
avatar
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 3825
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 43
Location : Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  wpaarts on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:41 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Kidrobot plays a role in the toy business. Kidrobot is the toy equivalent of pop music. It is designed to appeal to the masses and to make money. It's not offensive, but it's rarely of much substance. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but typically that is their role. Jamungo and Playge and some of the other companies out there are like independent record labels. The output is of higher quality, is produced to be interesting and push boundaries, has zealots for fans, and might change the world if enough people were exposed to it.
Well spoken What a Face
avatar
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 39
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  LonerStoner on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:09 am

agreed, dreamattack27, it sounds like you are some type of fundamental analyst
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  dreamattack27 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 am

I have only been in the toy game since 2006, but KR has put out some great stuff over the course of its existence. Even now they put out great stuff once in a while. I think the Nathan Jurevicius Dunny is outstanding. The design and QC are both top-notch. They've made mistakes, and it's easy to diss KR (even for me), but the truth is that they blazed the trail for a lot of great artists, and their role in the toy scene in the U.S. cannot be understated.

Our tastes have advanced and we are more discerning and targeted in our collections. But I and most other people on this board were introduced to the toy world because of Kidrobot. Like it or not, they ought to be given credit where credit is due. I despise Justin Bieber, but I can still admit that he has a decent singing voice and his songs are catchy. Credit where credit is due, and live and let live.
avatar
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 3825
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 43
Location : Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  LonerStoner on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 am

dreamattack27 wrote:I think the Nathan Jurevicius Dunny is outstanding. The design and QC are both top-notch. They've made mistakes, and it's easy to diss KR (even for me), but the truth is that they blazed the trail for a lot of great artists, and their role in the toy scene in the U.S. cannot be understated....

what do you think of the Mark27 Shadow Serpent 8 Dunny?
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  kevbayer on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:06 pm

editing my sarcasm away
avatar
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Posts : 276
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 45
Location : Saratoga ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  rattM1CE on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 am

I was eyeing that shadow serpent as well, I like his stuff but think I'm going to pass. I'm kind of new to the scene but already kind of regret some of my kr purchases, kinda wish I spent that loot hunting down older squadts.
avatar
rattM1CE
CAD Grunt

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  LonerStoner on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:52 am

rattM1CE wrote:I was eyeing that shadow serpent as well, I like his stuff but think I'm going to pass. I'm kind of new to the scene but already kind of regret some of my kr purchases, kinda wish I spent that loot hunting down older squadts.
i hear ya, in this hobby you gotta pick and choose or you'll be dead broke

the custom by Marka27 looks awesome
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  wpaarts on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm

LonerStoner wrote:i hear ya, in this hobby you gotta pick and choose or you'll be dead broke
And even if you pick and choose you'll be dead broke Wink
avatar
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 39
Location : Sweden

View user profile http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum