RC Helicopters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RC Helicopters

Post  ontheDL on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:37 am

Anyone have fun with these? My first was an airhogs reflex when they first came out. It was fun but had absolutely no control. And it was like $80. Man, these things sure have come a long way. I've had a couple other micros since then, all controlling better than the last. Just got this one a few days ago for only $20 and it's fucking incredible. One of the best $20 I've ever spent. I wish I had this when I was a kid.

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Colors/dp/8499000606/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315951562&sr=8-1
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RC Helicopters

Post  BigC on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:08 am

ontheDL wrote:Anyone have fun with these? My first was an airhogs reflex when they first came out. It was fun but had absolutely no control. And it was like $80. Man, these things sure have come a long way. I've had a couple other micros since then, all controlling better than the last. Just got this one a few days ago for only $20 and it's fucking incredible. One of the best $20 I've ever spent. I wish I had this when I was a kid.

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Colors/dp/8499000606/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315951562&sr=8-1
My son loves his, but his bitch ass mom won't let him bring it here, even though it was a birthday present from someone other then her, and he's only with her 4 days a month. OK my rant is over.....FOR NOW!!
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:10 am

Ha! Dude... Get him that one from amazon. Guarantee it flies better and you'll get badass dad points. He'll love it.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 am

ontheDL wrote:Ha! Dude... Get him that one from amazon. Guarantee it flies better and you'll get badass dad points. He'll love it.
I have some amazon gift cards on the way. Let's see how much I have left over. I HAVE to get the Star Wars Blu shit. There are a couple more too.
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeyk on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 am

BigC wrote:
ontheDL wrote:Ha! Dude... Get him that one from amazon. Guarantee it flies better and you'll get badass dad points. He'll love it.
I have some amazon gift cards on the way. Let's see how much I have left over. I HAVE to get the Star Wars Blu shit. There are a couple more too.

Take it easy on the Star Wars! lol!
Mikeyk
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 am

BigC wrote:

Fucking why? Don't you own any of the other 30 fucking prints of those movies? Don't get me wrong, I love the original trilogy but with each new edition Lucas just fucks them up more and more. In this edition Vader yells "Nooooooo" like a bitch when the Emperor uses force lightning on Luke, and the Ewoks get digital eye lids. There I just saved you $80, now go buy some helicopters. Smile
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

View user profile http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 pm

whacko wrote:
BigC wrote:

Fucking why? Don't you own any of the other 30 fucking prints of those movies? Don't get me wrong, I love the original trilogy but with each new edition Lucas just fucks them up more and more. In this edition Vader yells "Nooooooo" like a bitch when the Emperor uses force lightning on Luke, and the Ewoks get digital eye lids. There I just saved you $80, now go buy some helicopters. Smile

awesome clap clap
colbert
ATV 'expert'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  funkin on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:52 pm

whacko wrote:
BigC wrote:

seriously. don't give lucas any more monies. just download the original laser disc rips and enjoy those until lucas pulls his head out of his ass.

http://originaltrilogy.com/petition/
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:53 pm

ontheDL wrote:Anyone have fun with these? My first was an airhogs reflex when they first came out. It was fun but had absolutely no control. And it was like $80. Man, these things sure have come a long way. I've had a couple other micros since then, all controlling better than the last. Just got this one a few days ago for only $20 and it's fucking incredible. One of the best $20 I've ever spent. I wish I had this when I was a kid.

Just ordered one of these. Can't beat it at $20!!

Been a number of years since I had a micro heli, looking forward to trying this one out.

Maybe one day I will get the nuts up to fly the expensive heli I have. So far have only done the simulator on the PC. I crash a lot!!

BTW, can't dis the Star Wars, only what Lucas has done to it!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:32 am

I just broke down and ordered one too.
I have several other RC Helicopters (Air Hog, etc) and if this one isn't easier to control than those, I am coming for you Dave! Smile
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:12 am

LOL

You guys are gonna fucking love them. It's definitely not as zippy as the other micros I've had (they seem all squirrelly now after flying the syma), but holy shit, it's so easy to fly. I can weave in and out of shit with ease. The only downside is that it takes ~45 minutes to charge. Thinking about buying another one just so I can double my fun.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey Dave,

Have you tried this charger?

http://www.amazon.com/110v-Charger-SYMA-Helicopters-others/dp/B004DETSN4/ref=pd_sim_t3

I also noticed an upgrade for the battery, is it worth while?

http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Syma-S107G-19-Helicopter-Replacement/dp/B0053WMSTG/ref=pd_sim_t37

Doesn't seem worth it as it costs more than half the heli, but shorter charge times and longer flight times is not a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:25 pm

It arrived today thanks to $3.99 and Amazon Prime.

This is bad ass!!! Definitely have to agree with what has been said, best micro heli I have ever seen. I have a feeling I'll have several before too long. My nephew is going to freak when he comes over tomorrow. What a Face

Battery is charging again.......

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 am

Laughing

I'm gonna have to pick up that charger. And I've discovered a tail rotor mod that looks awesome.

ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Cool, have to try out that mod. Ordered the parts and that charger. Maybe I'll try the battery upgrade once the original dies.

Think for now I will just grab a second one so I can double my flight time. Come on pay day, spent too much this week already and it is only Sunday!!

UPDATE 9-19-11:

Found this thread with tons of info on the S107 Heli.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176146

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

colbert wrote:
whacko wrote:
BigC wrote:

awesome clap clap

FUCKING RIGHT. Lucas is an idiot.
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 am

gregm wrote:Cool, have to try out that mod. Ordered the parts and that charger.

How'd it work out? Faster? I just ordered my 2nd heli and a couple of those rotors Laughing
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 am

ontheDL wrote:
gregm wrote:Cool, have to try out that mod. Ordered the parts and that charger.

How'd it work out? Faster? I just ordered my 2nd heli and a couple of those rotors Laughing

Haven't had time to try it out yet. Have the props but will not have time to mess with it until Sunday.

I did try out the AC charger yesterday but don't think it is working right.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:55 am

Got some time tonight and ended up trying out the tail rotor mod.

It definitely gives faster forward flight and a bit more responsiveness. Downside is that backward flight is nearly lost. Overall, I am fine with the stock tail rotor so will likely switch it back after a few flights. Personally I wouldn't waste time with this mod, not enough gain to outweigh the loss of backward flight (I like flying backwards as much as forwards).

I have two S107G's, a blue and a yellow. My yellow is just as fast as the blue with the tail rotor mod. Not sure why they are that much different from one another but hey, they are only $20. Wink

Did figure out a little trick today. I had an old USB hub in the closet. Now it is a four port helicopter charger and it doesn't need the computer. All I need is two more and I'll be flying 20 minutes at a time!! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:05 am

LOL

I got heli #2 today and put on one of the rotors. It's definitely awesome, but I'm with you. I'm gonna keep this one to mod up and leave my first one stock. I'm also really tempted by this 4 channel, which can roll left and right. Man...that site you linked me to is gonna get me in trouble. This was only supposed to be a $20 hobby! Razz

http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Infrared-Control-Helicopter-Gyroscope/dp/B004OGBNJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316824389&sr=8-1
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:13 am

ontheDL wrote:LOL

I got heli #2 today and put on one of the rotors. It's definitely awesome, but I'm with you. I'm gonna keep this one to mod up and leave my first one stock. I'm also really tempted by this 4 channel, which can roll left and right. Man...that site you linked me to is gonna get me in trouble. This was only supposed to be a $20 hobby! Razz

http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Infrared-Control-Helicopter-Gyroscope/dp/B004OGBNJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316824389&sr=8-1

Sorry about that DL! I am a total hobby addict. On so many different boards like that it is just stupid.

I already have a four channel heli, I've just never had the stones to fly it. A hell of a lot more to keep up with when you add roll to the picture. Not to mention a crash is nothing like the S107, stuff breaks no doubt about it.

I am just going to enjoy the S107G for now. Don't want to break out the 4 channel as I don't want something else to suck up what little money I have to enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:15 am

How does the stand-alone charger stand up against the USB cable that comes with the heli?
I have been flying mine s107 all week and aside from a little bit of back-slide it is amazing. Leaps and bounds better than any of the other mico-copters I have flown and the cheapest of the bunch!

I use an iPhone wall adapter to charge my copter with the USB cable it came with, and it fully charges in like 15 minutes.
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:30 am

Shit! I'll have to try that. How do you know when it's fully charged? You just plug it into the remote and see if it's green?
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:39 am

whacko wrote:How does the stand-alone charger stand up against the USB cable that comes with the heli?
I have been flying mine s107 all week and aside from a little bit of back-slide it is amazing. Leaps and bounds better than any of the other mico-copters I have flown and the cheapest of the bunch!

I use an iPhone wall adapter to charge my copter with the USB cable it came with, and it fully charges in like 15 minutes.

The stand-alone charger I got does not appear to work properly. There is no clear indication of when charging is complete. A post on rcgroups indicates the one I have is not the same as others.

I've been using a USB hub to charge from. One at a time the charge takes 40 minutes. When two are plugged in at the same time one will finish in 40 minutes but the other takes another 10 to 15 minutes. Very strange.

I'll have to see if I can track down an iPhone adapter, my brother probably has some spares laying around. Sure would be nice to charge in only 15 minutes!!

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 pm

ontheDL wrote:Shit! I'll have to try that. How do you know when it's fully charged? You just plug it into the remote and see if it's green?

When you plug the USB charger into the wall adapter it lights up red. While it is charging the light turns off. When the heli is fully charged the red light comes back on. I have read online and seen in person that sometimes the USB cable lights up when nearing the end of a charge cycle but the light is dim. Don't unplug the heli until the light comes on full brightness or the heli won't be fully charged.

Depending on how depleted your battery is the charge time might be longer. My charges seem to be in the 15 to 20 range if I plug the chopper in when it still barely has enough juice to lift off. I depleted the battery to the point where the rotors wouldn't turn once and it took about 35 min to charge. It was still faster than controller charging and at the very least saves your controller batteries.

I have used the small cube shaped iPhone charger and the charger that came with my HTC EVO and both worked well. I don't have any luck with one of the larger old-style iPod wall adapters.
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top