Post  ontheDL on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Rimfire is .22 and .17 ammo.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we have a gun pic thread?

Post  ontheDL on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:18 am

Saw you talkin about a 22 plinker in a thread a couple days ago, edstuff. I haven't shot that SR22 but I know everyone that uses one loves it. Every shooter needs a 22 in their collection, that's for sure. Shootin all day for next to nothin! I have a marlin 60 and my buddy has a 10/22. Both fun as hell. He's got a beretta neos too. That thing is a TON of fun to shoot. You can rip through the mag in a couple seconds and put every shot on your target.

I think you can get the SR22 with a threaded barrel too...even though suppressors are illegal here...

Just sayin.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 am

I went to the range today and actually held the sr22 in my hands. I want it...a lot. I shot decent with my P89 but I shot kinda like shit with the colt snub nose. I shot the rope that holds the target when I tried to shoot double action. I was embarassed as hell. Never did that before. Feelin kinda salty now because I was lookin foward to the range all day and then did crappy. Oh well can't win 'em all. Shit last time I went to the range I did better with my 44 magnum than I did this time with a 38 special. Ah well I'm rambling at this point. yeah I want the sr22 and one day I will have it. Maybe after the holidays.
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:32 am

Hahaha! I'm terrible with a double action. The only reason I don't keep a revolver in my nightstand...I wouldn't hit shit!

Not the same gun but I really want a suppressed 22. This guy makes some good videos and his range is awesome.

ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:35 am

oh hell yeah hickok is the shit. I wish I had his range and collection. I love his videos because he doesn't give a biased opinion. He just presents information and then shoots. And man can he shoot!
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 am

O.k. I redeemed myself. Went shooting today and did a lot better. Broke out my 44 mag too. My buddy wanted to shoot it. It was a fun day
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 am

edstuff wrote:I went to the range today and actually held the sr22 in my hands. I want it...a lot. I shot decent with my P89 but I shot kinda like shit with the colt snub nose. I shot the rope that holds the target when I tried to shoot double action. I was embarassed as hell. Never did that before. Feelin kinda salty now because I was lookin foward to the range all day and then did crappy. Oh well can't win 'em all. Shit last time I went to the range I did better with my 44 magnum than I did this time with a 38 special. Ah well I'm rambling at this point. yeah I want the sr22 and one day I will have it. Maybe after the holidays.

The SR22 is on sale here - http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/111461/c/hot-deals/brand/RUGER
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm

DrilOne wrote:
edstuff wrote:I went to the range today and actually held the sr22 in my hands. I want it...a lot. I shot decent with my P89 but I shot kinda like shit with the colt snub nose. I shot the rope that holds the target when I tried to shoot double action. I was embarassed as hell. Never did that before. Feelin kinda salty now because I was lookin foward to the range all day and then did crappy. Oh well can't win 'em all. Shit last time I went to the range I did better with my 44 magnum than I did this time with a 38 special. Ah well I'm rambling at this point. yeah I want the sr22 and one day I will have it. Maybe after the holidays.

The SR22 is on sale here - http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/111461/c/hot-deals/brand/RUGER

Whoah that's a great price! Thanks
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 pm

edstuff wrote:
DrilOne wrote:

Whoah that's a great price! Thanks

Yeah, I listen to what everyone talks about, then I research it. I need to get my 1st gun and this sounds like a great starter.
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 pm

It's nice and lightweight. It's kinda small tho so fyi if you've got big hands. My first gun was a 12 gauge ha. My suggestion is to go to a range and rent a couple different ones. Then you'll know for certain what suits you. A lot of places will rent guns for like 10 bucks each. Better to spend 10 dollars and realize you don't like it then to spend 300.
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:44 am

edstuff wrote:It's nice and lightweight. It's kinda small tho so fyi if you've got big hands. My first gun was a 12 gauge ha. My suggestion is to go to a range and rent a couple different ones. Then you'll know for certain what suits you. A lot of places will rent guns for like 10 bucks each. Better to spend 10 dollars and realize you don't like it then to spend 300.

Yes I need to do that. Only gun I ever shot was a Browning 28 gauge at a skeet shooting range in San Francisco. It was fun and easy to shoot.
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm

I love shotguns. I never go to the range without one. I'd love a browning but just can't afford one right now. You might want to go with a 9mm instead of a 22. I like 22's but I wouldn't want it to be the only thing I have with me at the range. Its fun, cheap, and easy to control. But it just doesn't go bang as loud and since there's no recoil it just doesn't give me the same satisfaction of a louder, more powerful handgun. Definately great in a collection but I don't know if I'd have it as a standalone firearm. Does any of that make sense?
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:54 am

ontheDL wrote:I FINALLY got around to converting my Saiga 7.62 back into an AK. For those that don't know, Saigas are new russian rifles made in the same Izhmash factory in Russia where AKs have been made for the last 60 years. In order to be imported to the US, they need to come in their "sporterized" configuration -

BUT, once you buy one, you can legally convert it back to the original AK setup, as long as it has 10 US made parts on it. Once the gun was broken down, I had to drill a couple rivets, remove the trigger and replace it with a new trigger group in the original position. You can see the difference in the trigger position in the pictures. Then I added a pistol grip, a new stock, and added a bullet guide to allow the use of standard AK mags. I'm still waiting on a few more parts so I can swap out that handguard on the front. The orginal plan was to put all wood furniture on it, but it's going to cost quite a bit for new, US made wood. I'm going up to wisconsin soon and I really just wanted to get this done so I can shoot some shit. Eventually it'll look like an authentic AK47 with a wood stock, pistol grip and handguard.

As it stands right now I've spent about $550 between the gun and all the parts to convert it. That includes the new handgaurd that isn't installed yet. Sure, AK variants can be had for less, but this motherfucker is russian, it's NEW, and as a result of all the work I've done, I know exactly how all the internals work.

And it's fucking awesome.

More pics to come after I get the rest of the parts.

I had to come back to this. I think I'm changing my mind on the ruger .22 and saving up for a saiga semi auto shotgun. I'm totally a shotgun guy. Whenever someone invites me to a range my first question is "can I bring a shotgun and what kind of ammo do they allow?" So I decided that's what I'm gonna do. Besides, my dad has a .22 I can shoot whenever we go to the range.
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:31 pm

I think that's a wonderful idea. I know I'll end up getting one soon enough. They're just so badass. And I definitely don't think they'll be around forever. This seems like the kind of gun that will be banned pretty soon here, at least in the US.

classicfirearms.com has them right now for $600 with a few extras. Best price I've seen on these in over a year, even when buds has them in stock.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Whoah that is a good price. Thanks for the head's up. Now I just gotta get the $$$
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am

ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am

Oh hell yeah
Let's do this. I'll take the class whatever just gimme gimme gimme
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 am

Congrats to IL! Bout damn time.
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

View user profile http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I for once am not for this, large density cities always suffer from these sort of laws. I don't know enough of any of these laws or the instances in which they work or not to make a proper comment, I'll probably have to read-up on it. That said, are the people getting the permits required to take some sort of courses or certifications? or is it just walk-up and get a license like that?

thanks for any enlightening here, peeps. Very Happy
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

View user profile http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Gat....typically you have to go through a class and qualify for the permit....you also have to be hand/finger printed and go through a thorough background check. One of the fact you should check is the instance of crime in places that have concealed carry versus those that don't. Just sayin' Very Happy
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

View user profile http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:57 pm

chiprender wrote:Gat....typically you have to go through a class and qualify for the permit....you also have to be hand/finger printed and go through a thorough background check. One of the fact you should check is the instance of crime in places that have concealed carry versus those that don't. Just sayin' Very Happy

Thanks, Chip! I was thinking about the have concealed vs not as soon as I posted. Worth looking it up. I've been living most of my life in areas where concealed is illegal and I've seen (sadly) a lot of violence, so you might have a very valid point there.

Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

View user profile http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

one day when i get a mill, i will make my own gun.. but until then, i will remain clueless about guns. Sad
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:08 am

I'm not trying to get into a big political discussion here but many of those gun crimes would go down a lot differently if an armed citizen happens to be in the vicinity.

It's my belief that the only way to control gun violence is 2 ways:
1. everybody has a gun
2. nobody has a gun

Number 2 just isn't going to happen. Guns exist. Criminals own guns. yadda yadda you get what I'm saying. I've talked to a few different cops on the subject and they all say the same thing. Buy a gun. Familiarize yourself with the gun. This is from the mouthes of police officers.
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 am

lol, you trying to start a fire here?

the only gun i will ever own is one i made myself. screw waiting periods and serial numbers. What a Face

my buddy told me the other day about how people buy expensive replica airsoft guns and then buy the stuff to convert them to real guns, he told me to look into it.. i was like 'yeah... right' Laughing
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 am

eh I say too much sometimes.
I wouldn't advertise the making your own gun btw
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down