Hip-Hop Thread

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Hip-Hop Thread

Post  OinkOink on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:07 am

SQUEE wrote:I'm with Oink... I stick to mostly classics and 90's underground stuff. I do like Bronson, but yea probably because he reminds me of Ghost. Can't say I that I have ever heard a Mac Miller song I would listen to twice. Lately been Listing to a shit ton of D.I.T.C.  The newest thing that gets heavy spins is Elzhi's ELmatic... I know its like two year old. hahaha

This is also dope...

Elzih is the shit man, elmatic was awesome, so is the preface.
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood101 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:14 am

More of a metal head but  i do love cage old and new

Blood101
CAD Special Forces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SQUEE on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:56 am

^^^
"These are the hateful and shermed out adventures of a child that dared defy a conformist lifestyle"

Do you like The High & Mighty or Smut Peddlers? Cage was in Smut, and had a bunch of cameos in the High & Mighty stuff with similar style to Movies for The Blind. I have Depart From Me... but can't say I have ever given it a good listen.
SQUEE
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:17 am

This is one if those hidden gems Indianna talks about

Last edited by ROACHSHACK138 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:01 am

Admin
FERG

View user profile http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:21 am

Anybody see Doom's new video? Plus Ghostface said His collab album with Doom, DOOMStarks, is going to be dropping in the near future. bonghit

ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:17 am

Doom is sick!! Finally something new
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:23 am

el_payaso_loco wrote:Doom is sick!! Finally something new
 Yeah, his JJ Doom album is pretty dope. It had to grow on me a bit but that album is pretty bangin. He's coming out with a cd with some b sides and remixes from JJ Doom. But im waiting for DOOMStarks bounce
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:18 pm

Yeah saw the vid on that, looking forward to it, hope doom comes to US I wanna see him
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 pm

How do you guys feel about Kendrick lamars verse trying to get everyone to step up
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 pm

OinkOink wrote:How do you guys feel about Kendrick lamars verse trying to get everyone to step up
Whodafuk is Kendrick Lamar????
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

View user profile http://albinotacoshop.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 pm

He recently had an album, he's been around for a few years but just got noticed kinda, few But this is hip hop and them n—-s should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Millz, A$AP Rocky, Drake Big Sean,
Jay Electron’, Tyler, Mac Miller
I got love for you all but I’m tryna murder you n—-s
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n—-s
They dont wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you n—-s
What is competition? I’m tryna raise the bar high Who tryna jump and get it?

He's trying to get competition in hip hop again. People have responded with their own verses and they've killed it. Better hip hop I've heard in a while. Thank you Kendrick for that verse although people hate you now

OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 pm

That's just part of the verse also
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Asap Rocky, Drake, and Mac Miller are tge only names I recognized Shocked. I stray away from the mainstream shit, I only like Mac Miller, his K.I.D.S. album was awesome. But I know not of this Kendrick Lamar you speak of.
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Yeah I am definitely not a drake or mac miller fan, I think asap is funny but not very good and Kendrick tells everyone to step it up.

K.I.d.s. was the shit , so chill.

Yeah just recently I've given the new gen of hip hop a chance and very little of it is good. But I've enjoyed a lot

Kendrick is good at story telling. He has this two part song dying of thirst which is smooth and good story telling

Another story is "you don't understand "

His mistakes are good for the most part , his album is ehh, but the album as a whole, the story is good. The idea. Songs individually ehh, only like about three
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SQUEE on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 am

Hmmmm... I agree rappers need to step it up... and I like Kendrick... but...

"I heard the barbershops spittin' great debates all the time Bout who's the best MC? Kendrick, Jigga and Nas" - Pleeeease nobody debated that EVER. LOL

He also calls out new/young rappers... and he's only 26. Pretty NEW to the game if you ask me.

If anything Kendrick needs to step it up to compete with Jay. Very Happy 

SQUEE
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnumManipulator on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:Asap Rocky, Drake, and Mac Miller are tge only names I recognized Shocked. I stray away from the mainstream shit, I only like Mac Miller, his K.I.D.S. album was awesome. But I know not of this Kendrick Lamar you speak of.
Yeah I stay away from mainstream rap too. The beats are all pretty much the same and rapping about the same bullshit.
The underground is where I dwell at.. Guru verse.
MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:25 am

That Jay Electronica track was the shit. He has a mean ass flow and that beat was super chill.

How bout some Sean P.

Last edited by ROACHSHACK138 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:33 pm

SQUEE wrote:Hmmmm... I agree rappers need to step it up... and I like Kendrick... but...

"I heard the barbershops spittin' great debates all the time Bout who's the best MC? Kendrick, Jigga and Nas" - Pleeeease nobody debated that EVER. LOL

He also calls out new/young rappers... and he's only 26. Pretty NEW to the game if you ask me.

If anything Kendrick needs to step it up to compete with Jay. Very Happy 

There was a point where people said Kendrick was hip hop, the new era of it that's why he said it. Completely different than nas and hov. But he's on top with few of the new.

Calls out young rappers who dont bother to change their style. Kendrick has proven that he can compete with the mainstream style.
Calls em out in a non diss way, he says "new niggas just new niggas don't get involved". Saying that they don't bother to compete with the best. They all stay in the same style of materialistic rap. They don't involve themselves to attempt to be up there with nas jigga and him now that he's competing.

He pretty much sacrificed himself to set the bar high for hip hop.

I mean he said he had love for them but when it comes to this he's trying to be on top.

OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:42 pm

MagnumManipulator wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:Asap Rocky, Drake, and Mac Miller are tge only names I recognized Shocked. I stray away from the mainstream shit, I only like Mac Miller, his K.I.D.S. album was awesome. But I know not of this Kendrick Lamar you speak of.
Yeah I stay away from mainstream rap too. The beats are all pretty much the same and rapping about the same bullshit.
Well said magnum well said....man one thing that gets me tho is sure Kendricks verse was dope. I just don't know why so many ppl and so many artists acting like he dropped the dopest verse. So many more artists do what he did and surpass Kendrick on the mic daily

And heard this track as a response.....just sit down kendrick
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:09 pm

el_payaso_loco wrote:[quoKendrumManipulator"]
Well said magnum well said....man one thing that gets me tho is sure Kendricks verse was dope. I just don't know why so many ppl and so many artists acting like he dropped the dopest verse. So many more artists do what he did and surpass Kendrick on the mic daily

And heard this track as a response.....just sit down kendrick
[/quote]
Compare almost everyone he named and him , most of them aren't lyrically on his level

People do drop dope verses lately but what verses can you here on the radio to the public that resemble that?

Lol sit down? How about a thank you Kendrick for getting people to spit the way theyre spitting on those responses.
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm

I wouldn't say thank you Kendrick...not at all...most of those so called responses are by artists who ppl know have potential for some dope lyrics. My biggest problem is Kendrick may have stepped up now and stirred things up a little in the mainstream eye...but that will die down VERY soon...guaranteed he will be on the average boat in no time. He's still new.

I'll say thank you when I see him do what he says on control
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnumManipulator on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:13 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:
el_payaso_loco wrote:Doom is sick!! Finally something new
 Yeah, his JJ Doom album is pretty dope. It had to grow on me a bit but that album is pretty bangin. He's coming out with a cd with some b sides and remixes from JJ Doom. But im waiting for DOOMStarks bounce
Hell yeah! I can't wait for that DOOMStarks album to drop either! Gonna be epic..

You guys checked out Ghostface's 12 Reasons to Die "The Brown Tape"? Pretty dope how the whole record plays out like a movie.
Starks gets melted down and pressed into 12 vinyl records, but comes back and gets revenge. Twisted Evil 

I've been listening to MF Doom's King Geedorah Take Me To Your Leader album lately..

MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:38 am

King Geedorah, take me to your leader
Quick to claim that he nit no snake like "Me neither!"
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:46 pm

el_payaso_loco wrote:I wouldn't say thank you Kendrick...not at all...most of those so called responses are by artists who ppl know have potential for some dope lyrics. My biggest problem is Kendrick may have stepped up now and stirred things up a little in the mainstream eye...but that will die down VERY soon...guaranteed he will be on the average boat in no time. He's still new.

I'll say thank you when I see him do what he says on control
No they ARE artists with dope lyrics, his aim was for thr newschool, Joel and Cassidy have been around for a long time

He raised the bar, that's what he wanted. Now it's play the waiting game for the nlrest of the new school
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next