disney buys lucasfilms

Go down

disney buys lucasfilms

Post  el_payaso_loco on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 am

So any body else see this?? Damn George sold for some crazy coin....4.05 BILLION. Apparently disney has some serious plans of continuing the film franchise, and George is going to be creative consultant to any new films

What do you guys think about disney pushing out star wars stuff now??
I do like star wars a lot but I'm not a crazy ass fan boy that goes nuts for things not being exact and true to the original films. I'm sure there's a lot out there that hate the idea of new films and now disney making them, but i definitely love the idea that there going ti make more
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: disney buys lucasfilms

Post  funkin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 am

with Lucas out of the writing/directing seat they might actually be ok. I'd at least give them a shot.
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 am

i like this lol

itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 am

Disney bought Marvel and They're doing great.

Disney already sells TONS of SW merchandise at the parks, so I think we'll just see more Disney characters in SW uniforms.
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:01 am

funkin wrote:with Lucas out of the writing/directing seat they might actually be ok. I'd at least give them a shot.
yeaa I'm looking forward to see what they do with new films, its not like there isn't tons of ideas amd stories they could use,i say its a good idea. With George not writing directing maybe we'll get some proper deaths for major characters lol because cmon George sucked at killing off his own characters bad guys all died in the cheapest ways...imo
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 am

you see how it all came together with the avengers for Marvel? Imagine the same thing, but in reverse for SW. I can very well see "Han Solo: Bounty" or "Obi and Anakin: the lost years" Disney is good at making franchises thrive and sell them well.

The problem to me is that, as a fan of the films not the franchise, it breaches a gap when these are being released as more marketing tie-ins for the merchandise. Sure, the first three films had the same thing happen and ever since it has been just a milking of the golden cow. But it was based off a great film trilogy, with superb lines and very well written and directed, something that Lucas has not been able to replicate since.

Since I dont see anyone making bladerunner coffee mugs for sale with every bigmac, why should another great sci-fi saga be thrown under the bus. Iuno, Lucas has been doing his thing for years. At this point in the game, my love for SW is only there as the nostalgia and doors that it opened for me in regards to the medium and genre.
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

View user profile http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:51 am

I told a friend early: "Whatever they end up doing, im sure it'll be better than jar jar. They set the bar pretty low with that racist abomination."
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:54 am

I didn't care for the three prequel movies. I love the original 3. To me Lucas just made Ep 1-3 just because.
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 am

the new princess.

lol

Leah is saying something like "Goddamnit!"
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 am

I dont see how they can fuck up 7-9 any worse then he already fucked up 1-3
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doewie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

BigC wrote:I dont see how they can fuck up 7-9 any worse then he already fucked up 1-3

Yeah same feeling , whatever disney come's up with it, it couldn't be any worse than those royal fuck-up's Razz And like said before maybe Disney will do the same for Star Wars as for Marvel and I can only cheer at the fact of there being more Star Wars fans

Geekiness is becoming mainstream as hell , so that means I can come out of my dark little corner more often ahhhh! (just kidding, I'm not really coming out of here , I like it , it's warm and cozy Rolling Eyes )
doewie
Trench Warmer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 pm

doewie wrote:
BigC wrote:I dont see how they can fuck up 7-9 any worse then he already fucked up 1-3

Yeah same feeling , whatever disney come's up with it, it couldn't be any worse than those royal fuck-up's Razz And like said before maybe Disney will do the same for Star Wars as for Marvel and I can only cheer at the fact of there being more Star Wars fans

Geekiness is becoming mainstream as hell , so that means I can come out of my dark little corner more often ahhhh! (just kidding, I'm not really coming out of here , I like it , it's warm and cozy Rolling Eyes )
lol fuck the corner man, go out and who gives a damn if your a star wars nut haha ill tLk about star wars to anybody don't care
and since its Halloween I'm out anywhere i go today like this

and i have no doubt disney will make some bad ass films
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Gatiio wrote:the new princess.

lol

Leah is saying something like "Goddamnit!"

that's hilarious!!! Laughing
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeyk on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:54 pm

I totally agree, I would like to see something new that is not cartoon related.
Mikeyk
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Every other damn movie you can think of is being re-made. Why can't they fix 1-3??

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 am

What the world needs is new sci-fi, new directors, new ideas and overall new films. Not the same Re-boot piece-of-shit crap that we have been force fed for the last decade.

Good for Lucas, im sure he needs those 4 billion dollars to fill the void THX left. I just feel that im watching reruns of Friends and when its not that it's How I Met Your Mother, and we all know its the same shit with the same plots, Same old crap.

we need more Dr. Horrible's sing alongs. Disney will certainly make good movies, how can it not? with such a great lore and fantastic universe it would be impossible. But it's not the gamble that Lucas took or the opening of doors that SW did for the countless other films that followed.

We are getting rehashed people, our generation, those of us in industry in ages between 20-30, will have no great timeless Oscar movies or scripts that defined genres, no. We will have a tumblr filled with quotes from movies older than us, scenes from reality shows and every single pop icon cartoon or toy or star, remade rebooted repackaged. that is the problem with this industry.

The now-ness of our culture has thrown the craft and time of great movie making aside for the ease of just doing over a know product. Y'know how apple has a new i-something every seven months, movies are doing the same shit.

rant over, sorry. The last movie I watched in theaters was batman, and it was very disappointing.
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  funkin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 am

After the hit they took on John Carter, which I liked, can you blame them? the reason everything is being rehashed to death is that people won't stop throwing their money at the same old crap.
What the industry needs is a new audience.
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 am

funkin wrote:After the hit they took on John Carter, which I liked, can you blame them? the reason everything is being rehashed to death is that people won't stop throwing their money at the same old crap.
What the industry needs is a new audience.

new audience is there. That they are forcing the same stuff on it is a different matter.
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum