I'm sick of custom charges!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm sick of custom charges!

Post  zmigol on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:10 pm

mad2

So today i receive a letter from customs for the K11 BOOMER S001 AND QPMNT PAC 7 [LAUNCH PARTY UPGRADE] violent

In the past it wasn't that bad happened once in a while, but things got tighter or they hate me.

Because this happened to every release i got this year and even other purchases from the US. Having to pay an extra 20-30 euros for each thing i buy makes everything that much harder Crying or Very sad

It wouldn't hurt if Threezero marked it as a gift either or declared a low value, don't think anything bad would happen to them if they did that.
As they don't declare nothing, i have to send them my paypal receipt and besides having to pay i also have to wait another week or two. Evil or Very Mad

To those of you that have to deal with this, what are your experiences?
zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm sick of custom charges!

Post  itsa_mia on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:07 am

arg that blows
ive been really lucky, only paid a couple times (unless it was fed ex/ups which is 100% plus their fees too)
for this pac i got 2 and it was marked at $60 which is alot lower (i didnt have to ask them to do this)

for 3a i always get them to mark lower and they do (they make note within minutes)
im sure threezero would do the same if you asked

what is the value that customs will charge you in your country?
canada is exempt under $20 or $60 gifted
everything i own is $18 Wink

edit:

ok this just came as i posted
my 2nd lapin and both were opened by customs
guess they like lapins too cyclops

evil shoebox from hk!

itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  zmigol on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am

itsa_mia wrote:

what is the value that customs will charge you in your country?
canada is exempt under $20 or $60 gifted
everything i own is $18 Wink

It's something like that, if the value is 22 euros or below there's no problem.
Not sure about the gift limit, it all dependes on the size i think, for example cds/dvs even if they are worth more than those 22 euros hardly are screened.

I will contact Threezero regarding the Doc, if they can mark it as gift or declare a lower value.
zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:38 am

its strange that mine was valued lowered than yours
yours was the full 75?

curious what everyone elses was now
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  smokebelch on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am

That sucks.

Fuckin sick of customs charges, have been stung for the last couple of squadt drops here in the UK, adds a good 20 with charges and also means the packages get held up for a week or so while they mess around sending out the charges letters.

Ferg did say that you should be able to mail threezero and ask them to mark down low... However both my requests for the last 2 Squadts were ignored, and Im pretty sure all the other UK boardies I spoke to here had the same thing happen- requests to mark down were ignored and we all got hit with charges.

Can understand if threezero's policy is NOT to markdown the value, but kinda annoying that ferg had said they would markdown if asked- and yet this is not happening. Its not even the import charges that bother me- ends up being about 7 for a squadt, however you get hit with a 14 'processing' fee and have to wait an extra week to get it delivered.

Any chance we could het clarification on this ferg? And if threezero can markdown our orders who do we have to email to get this to happen?
smokebelch
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zmigol on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 am

itsa_mia wrote:its strange that mine was valued lowered than yours
yours was the full 75?

There was no value declared, that's why they kept it and sent me a letter with instructions. If there was a value declared i would just have to pay the custom charges on the post office when getting the package.

I can try to declare a lower value and try to forge the paypal receipt as i'm sending it electronically, but don't if it's worth the risk of even paying more.

Yeah this sucks, don't think there's much of a solution other than trying to buy stuff in Europe as often as possible. Neutral
zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zmigol on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:47 am

smokebelch

It would be cool to get a response regarding that. I see everyone in the UK have the same problem.
zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:00 am

Not only the UK haha, we have it here as well. I do think they are obliged to state the correct value or Rey could get a fine or a lawsuit for tax fraud.
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:42 am

Hey it could be worse. Turkey likes to break toys apart. Italy likes to drill into Skelve heads to see if its drugs. And Australia is just plain expensive to ship to.
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 am

That fucking sucks. I feel for you guys.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah.. - really sick of the customs charges as well. Just got my two QPMNT PAC 7's today and paid 27!. - they were declared as $90... Just having a beer to get over it! chug chug

UK needs to be gift and less than $50 or if not gift then less than about $20 to escape the charges.

Still... - lovin' the PAC's Very Happy

cripery
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinyvera on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Yep stung here too 30.72 and yes Mark all our 3A stuff has been marked as $18.99 merchandise as requested all this year so far and safe.
Shinyvera
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 pm

..looking into it. please stay tuned/
Admin
FERG

View user profile http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smokebelch on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:19 am

Admin wrote:..looking into it. please stay tuned/

Cool, thanks ferg sqube
smokebelch
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 am

My QPMNT Pac wasn't charged by customs, they had the value marked at $30 Very Happy
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 am

Wouldn't it be illegal for Ferg to mark down the actual price? Isn't this avoiding customs fees?

Why would you want him risk this? It's not Ferg's fault your country charges too much in import taxes.

It really blows the fees are so high. You really got be careful on what toys u buy and keep it limited to stuff you really, really, like. I totally understand the addiction to vinyl but u know the price of the toys and the fees associated. I hate to sound like a dick, but don't buy it if u can't afford it.

Edit: I was just thinking...... maybe Ferg can say most of the cost is shipping charges, therefore being able to justify the lower toy value. Sometimes shipping to Europe can cost as much as $40 usd for a 2 lb package going priority mail.
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smokebelch on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 am

eldoobya wrote:Wouldn't it be illegal for Ferg to mark down the actual price? Isn't this avoiding customs fees?

Why would you want him risk this? It's not Ferg's fault your country charges too much in import taxes.

It really blows the fees are so high. You really got be careful on what toys u buy and keep it limited to stuff you really, really, like. I totally understand the addiction to vinyl but u know the price of the toys and the fees associated. I hate to sound like a dick, but don't buy it if u can't afford it.

Edit: I was just thinking...... maybe Ferg can say most of the cost is shipping charges, therefore being able to justify the lower toy value. Sometimes shipping to Europe can cost as much as $40 usd for a 2 lb package going priority mail.

Its not so much the import tax fees but more the ridiculous charges that the postal companies add on top.
For the last Squadt I recieved the import tax was 7- more than happy to pay that... However I also had to pay Parcelforce 14 'processing' fees. And I also had to wait an extra week for them to send out a letter to me asking for me to pay the fee, delaying the delivery.
Im well aware of the chance of import fees for stuff- and always factor in that with any purchases. However threezero (who make and ship the Squadts) also are part of 3A, and will mark down items with a lower value if requested. Ferg posted a while back that threezero would be happy to mark down our orders if we asked them to. However most of our requests have been ignored, while I know from other boardies who collect 3A stuff that all their 3A orders have been marked down and avoided the charges.
If they had said that they wouldn't be able to markdown then thats fair enough- would perfectly understand, just kinda annoying that they said they would and yet haven't bothered. I've never blamed ferg for this, just hoped that we could get some clarification on who we need to contact, and wether they will still do this.
smokebelch
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zmigol on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:09 am

eldoobya:

smokebelch pretty much summed everything up i just want to add that the original intent of opening this topic was just to vent a little and hear other people experiences about this.

In no way is anyone demanding anything from ferg regarding this issue, if it's possible, great, if not, life goes on.

And obviously it's not legal to mark things down, but everyone does it and Threezero pretty much does this all the time so why not do it to everyone that requests it.....

We're used to it by now, it makes things harder but not impossible. It just sucks because i'd rather give the $ customs charge to the artists.

zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:30 am

I never realized besides customs the shipping companies added charges. That's brutal.

Sorry, at first read I thought this came off as blaming Ferg for the excess charges. I see now that this is just a discussion. Didn't mean to be offensive.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with this. That is a lot of extra money that the artists deserve more. I hope there is a way that Ferg can help out the international collectors. I would hate for people to stop buying toys because of money grubbing shipping companies.
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 am

Just to echo smokebelch and zmigol really. If nothing can be done then that's cool. Just the way it is. Not blaming Ferg or anything like that. Just nice to blow off a bit of steam at these crazy admin charges they whack on top of the tax. violent Very Happy Would much prefer for my cash to be going to artists/manufacturers rather than rip off shipping companies.
cripery
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 am

I never realized besides customs the shipping companies added charges. That's brutal.

Sorry, at first read I thought this came off as blaming Ferg for the excess charges. I see now that this is just a discussion. Didn't mean to be offensive.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with this. That is a lot of extra money that the artists deserve more. I hope there is a way that Ferg can help out the international collectors. I would hate for people to stop buying toys because of money grubbing shipping companies.
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 am

ok, if you would like to request you package value to be marked down to a specific amount you can email bennyfok[at]three-zero.com

..not sure why some past requests have fallen through the cracks but it should be sorted now.

please don't email Benny with any other CS requests. You can email me with those> ferg@playge.net
Admin
FERG

View user profile http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks for looking into this and making this arrangement Ferg! cheers - Really appreciate it. I'll drop Benny an email this morning and hopefully catch the Playge Doc. before he dispatches.

Again, thanks for going above and beyond for us guys time & time again.

Admin wrote:ok, if you would like to request you package value to be marked down to a specific amount you can email bennyfok[at]three-zero.com

..not sure why some past requests have fallen through the cracks but it should be sorted now.

please don't email Benny with any other CS requests. You can email me with those> ferg@playge.net
cripery
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smokebelch on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Admin wrote:ok, if you would like to request you package value to be marked down to a specific amount you can email bennyfok[at]three-zero.com

Awesome- cheers ferg Very Happy
smokebelch
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinyvera on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks Ferg Very Happy Email Benny next on the list Very Happy
Shinyvera
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down