helment signing raise or decrease value

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  dedicatedart on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Does helment signing too a squadt raise the value , stay the same , or decrease. Just wondering before I get certain helments signed . I wanna do my nkds just for my self pleasure of having It signed could care less if It raised the value but obviously would suck if It droped ..... Chance I'm willing too take hahaa
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1741
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  ianthegamer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 pm

I consider signed items always decrease value.
It stains vinyl and seeps into it causing bleeding depending on the force of the signature.

In most cases people want there stuff clean and if they want a sig they get it themselves since its more of a sentimental thing to have a sig.

also think pawn stars. they always offer less or dont buy if there is no proof of authenticity... ive been sick the past two days and have been watching a lot of that show
avatar
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-10-04
Age : 31
Location : TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  dedicatedart on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 pm

ianthegamer wrote:I consider signed items always decrease value.
It stains vinyl and seeps into it causing bleeding depending on the force of the signature.

In most cases people want there stuff clean and if they want a sig they get it themselves since its more of a sentimental thing to have a sig.

also think pawn stars. they always offer less or dont buy if there is no proof of authenticity... ive been sick the past two days and have been watching a lot of that show

Thought the same but didn't know , considering us case members are a very diffrent set of collectors I've ever seen lol but Love it.

Here's proof for you pawnstars ill take a picture with ferg and my figuer !... Signed lol
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1741
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  ilovefreestufftoo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Who cares about retaining value Laughing .

I do it because I enjoy Ferg's work. Fuck that I take it back, I LOVE Ferg's work.




avatar
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : So Calif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  mazdevilz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:22 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Who cares about retaining value Laughing .

I do it because I enjoy Ferg's work. Fuck that I take it back, I LOVE Ferg's work.





+1 on this!! I don't think I could do what Anthony did at SDCC and carry the helmets in a backpack... but I wish I could have them all signed.
avatar
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 2451
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 39
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  ianthegamer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm

now that is awesome
avatar
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-10-04
Age : 31
Location : TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  dedicatedart on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 pm

mazdevilz wrote:
ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Who cares about retaining value Laughing .

I do it because I enjoy Ferg's work. Fuck that I take it back, I LOVE Ferg's work.





+1 on this!! I don't think I could do what Anthony did at SDCC and carry the helmets in a backpack... but I wish I could have them all signed.

Lmfao for get It that looks bad ass on their too I'm bringing all 26 get ready ferg !! Ima bring a duffle bag
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1741
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  el_payaso_loco on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Yea i think it all depends on who you ask it would be increase or decreased value

me though i plan on getting a couple signed and it would be purely sentimental value because me too i simply fucking love Ferg's work
avatar
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 2046
Join date : 2010-11-02
Age : 27
Location : toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  CankleBreaker on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

ianthegamer wrote:I consider signed items always decrease value.
It stains vinyl and seeps into it causing bleeding depending on the force of the signature.

In most cases people want there stuff clean and if they want a sig they get it themselves since its more of a sentimental thing to have a sig.

also think pawn stars. they always offer less or dont buy if there is no proof of authenticity... ive been sick the past two days and have been watching a lot of that show

Hmm, I always thot otherwise, everything signed by the professional/creator/designer/etc make it more rare and special...like sports memorabilia...
avatar
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 2125
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 32
Location : L.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  funkin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

I think it comes down to personal taste. I'd pay a little more for something that isn't signed.
avatar
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 419
Join date : 2008-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  NDB747 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:51 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Who cares about retaining value Laughing .

I do it because I enjoy Ferg's work. Fuck that I take it back, I LOVE Ferg's work.





Shocked This is awesome.
avatar
NDB747
CAD Grunt

Posts : 212
Join date : 2011-10-31
Age : 37
Location : Chicago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  Gatiio on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:01 pm

signed should always increase value.



avatar
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts : 3264
Join date : 2011-10-12
Age : 31
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  LonerStoner on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:40 pm

awesome shot and awesome idea!!!

avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  longbow on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:24 pm

funkin wrote:I think it comes down to personal taste. I'd pay a little more for something that isn't signed.

I will pay more for a signed squadt Razz
avatar
longbow
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 432
Join date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  LonerStoner on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:32 pm

longbow wrote:
funkin wrote:I think it comes down to personal taste. I'd pay a little more for something that isn't signed.

I will pay more for a signed squadt Razz

i'm with funkin, i like my figures clean of sigs...
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  ilovefreestufftoo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks guys.

Ferg was VERY generous to sign my helmets at SDCC last year. I can't believe I accumulated that many Squadts in two months.
avatar
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : So Calif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hello

Post  dedicatedart on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah I bought my first one then bam bam bam in like month I had so many
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1741
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  LonerStoner on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 pm

i'd let her sign my entire body!!!

avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  el_payaso_loco on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Lol you got tht picture on stand by at all times don't you. Well i see why
avatar
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 2046
Join date : 2010-11-02
Age : 27
Location : toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  LonerStoner on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 am

el_payaso_loco wrote:Lol you got tht picture on stand by at all times don't you. Well i see why

i think i can draw this picture from memory!!!
avatar
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4747
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : the party bowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  el_payaso_loco on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:36 am

LonerStoner wrote:
el_payaso_loco wrote:Lol you got tht picture on stand by at all times don't you. Well i see why

i think i can draw this picture from memory!!!
lol well that would come in hand if you're bored and got nothing but a pencil n paper
avatar
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 2046
Join date : 2010-11-02
Age : 27
Location : toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  chiprender on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am

LonerStoner wrote:i'd let her sign my entire body!!!


With finger paint of course! Twisted Evil
avatar
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1385
Join date : 2011-11-25
Age : 49
Location : Nebraska

View user profile http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  eldoobya on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 pm

dedicatedart wrote:
mazdevilz wrote:
ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Who cares about retaining value Laughing .

I do it because I enjoy Ferg's work. Fuck that I take it back, I LOVE Ferg's work.

+1 on this!! I don't think I could do what Anthony did at SDCC and carry the helmets in a backpack... but I wish I could have them all signed.

Lmfao for get It that looks bad ass on their too I'm bringing all 26 get ready ferg !! Ima bring a duffle bag

I wouldn't get too crazy! drunken

I think he mentioned to us to bring no more than 3 things to sign at the last Roto gallery showing.

I got 3 helmets signed at the Roto show and I was able to get a TB #88 signed from SDCC. I like the signatures and wont re-sell them so value isn't as important as having a fond memory of being at the Roto show.
avatar
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  Crunch on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 pm

LonerStoner wrote:
longbow wrote:
funkin wrote:I think it comes down to personal taste. I'd pay a little more for something that isn't signed.

I will pay more for a signed squadt Razz

i'm with funkin, i like my figures clean of sigs...

Me too.
avatar
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2011-12-27
Age : 32
Location : Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  eldoobya on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:00 pm

I am not a big fan of signing a box and think its a waste of time. You can't see the figure in the box, so why sign it. The only time I would have a box signed was if I were to keep it and show it, in the box.

For example: An Alex Pardee Walrus Rider.



avatar
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: helment signing raise or decrease value

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum