GERM s003 [NUUK]

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GERM s003 [NUUK]

Post  InebriatedGnome on Thu May 05, 2016 2:33 pm

How did you guys go about removing the lenses? Mine is set to arrive some time this week and I think I'd like to do the 'diffuse' lens mod to get a consistent yellow glow in the eyes.
InebriatedGnome
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya on Fri May 06, 2016 5:54 am

eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squirmy on Sat May 07, 2016 8:02 pm

InebriatedGnome wrote:How did you guys go about removing the lenses? Mine is set to arrive some time this week and I think I'd like to do the 'diffuse' lens mod to get a consistent yellow glow in the eyes.

If memory serves the NUUK lenses have some kind of trace adhesive added to the edges to keep them stationary. They won't come out with a suction cup.

I remember having to dismantle the helmet, take the LEDs out, feed a little bit of buffer material into the cavity of the eye socket (to help protect the lenses from the tapping - like a cotton ball or something) - and, then, tap them out from the inside with something that will fit through the LED hole... like a matchstick or something...

You will want to be careful to tap very gently or else risk marring the inside of the lenses with your tool... but the extra cushion should help...
squirmy
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya on Sat May 07, 2016 8:32 pm

Embarassed Laughing
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teimaru on Sat May 07, 2016 9:35 pm

squirmy wrote:
InebriatedGnome wrote:How did you guys go about removing the lenses? Mine is set to arrive some time this week and I think I'd like to do the 'diffuse' lens mod to get a consistent yellow glow in the eyes.

If memory serves the NUUK lenses have some kind of trace adhesive added to the edges to keep them stationary. They won't come out with a suction cup.

I remember having to dismantle the helmet, take the LEDs out, feed a little bit of buffer material into the cavity of the eye socket (to help protect the lenses from the tapping - like a cotton ball or something) - and, then, tap them out from the inside with something that will fit through the LED hole... like a matchstick or something...

You will want to be careful to tap very gently or else risk marring the inside of the lenses with your tool... but the extra cushion should help...

Exactly this.
Lenses of NUUK and BYO are glued great explanation Suirmy cheers
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic View next topic Back to top