Etiquette on Buying, Selling, et al.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Etiquette on Buying, Selling, et al.

Post  Gatiio on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm

So, there are many of us around here and I feel that these days more and more threads get bumped needlessly.  Threads some of us could care less about.

Therefore, as eternal wino and debateur, I am going to just write a thread here with some etiquette pointers so as to make the user experience here more enjoyable.

If you are a new member, be welcome and I hope this helps in making your toy collecting more enjoyable, CAD is awesome!  As for you old cats, one can always learn something new.

IF YOU ARE UNDER 50 POSTS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ENGAGING IN SELLING OR TRADING OR REQUESTING THINGS.

FOR BUYING

-The best way to do it is to make a 'Wanted' Thread, and put ALL of your wants there.  It is in one place, with easy access.  

-Once you have a wanted thread, add the link to your signature.  Make sure it is in bold, bright, reasonably big letters.  

"But Gatiio, how do I do this?"  

Easy!

1. Grab the link of your wanted thread.  
2. on the home screen, click on profile>Signature  
3.  click on the link Icon, add your info.

Example:

>>GATIIOS QUEST FOR BOOTY<<

Now, that looks good, but it can be better.  so, on the edit menu I can add color to the letters and underline it.

>>GATIIOS QUEST FOR BOOTY<<

Here's how the code looks, just take out the *

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKvUeIz44w][u][color=darkred]>>GATIIOS QUEST FOR BOOTY<<[/color*][/u*][/url*]

-Having a thread will make it easy to access and edit and it will keep you from littering the board with random stuff.  Plus you can edit it on the go.

-if you have long term wants and wants that are more important than others, you can add a [/spoiler] button to make the important ones show.

-It keeps you from bumping every 24hrs.  For us regulars that try to keep a clear feed, it is a hassle to click on the same stuff over and over again, it also keeps our inboxes clean since some of us receive notifications when the Wanted/For Sale sections are updated.  

-If you put it in your signature and participate, people that know you will want to help you more.  The more you take part, the more people will try to help.  (Humans are inquisitive, the more they know, the more they want to know, so they click on links you have and all that)

-Everyone wants a midnight jack and a blue Nzzl.  Just because you are new, it does not mean you can come and ask.  Read, use the 'search' button and dont step on peoples toes.  Everyone here is great and nice and accepting, try to get to know people before asking them to part with parts of their souls.

FOR SELLING

-Off the go, this is not a proxy to eBay, we are a community and we are here to discuss Jamungo/Playge/CAD related stuff.  We are not a meat market where you can come and unload your old crappy dummy series 79 or that one weird toy you bought from Japan and arent feeling after all.

-Try to keep it relevant to the people that pay for the bills.  Ferg doesnt get a dime from this, so you peddling your newest basketball does not help,  using a BUD as a custom does.

-Do not 'bump' incessantly, do the same deal as with the 'wanted' thread and people will get to you, add it to your siggy, fo!  I do not care to buy your dupes and im sure others that are looking for them, would rather search than ask.

-DO NOT ASK FOR OFFERS.  Stick to your price and if you lower it, then make it known in the thread.  We are not going to go at each other just because you feel that you can take the most out of your crappy toy.

-If you are here to flip or bought a piece to sell it here to 'a true collector, or as trade bait, please eat shit and die.  You are doing more harm than good.

Its simple, and the earlier you adopt practices like this, the more enjoyable it is for everyone.  Less time seeing 'bump' and more time talking about 'what's next'

Having no manners and asking for stuff over and over is not fun.  Remember CADs only rule:  Be respectful.

Last edited by Gatiio on Wed May 01, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

View user profile http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Etiquette on Buying, Selling, et al.

Post  JasperF on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Well written and very true!!
Thanks a million Gatiio!
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Well said!!! This community is meant to be chill. I belong to KR and CP, but this is the only forum I stay on and post. KR is garbage and CP is just not meant for me, I have tried to fit in over there, but it's not my crowd. This place really has been like a family and we really get to know people on personal level. I have several people's cell numbers whom I'm never met in person but text regularly. Some people even helped me out in this difficult time I'm having after my accident. My family couldn't be with me thru my surgery and recovery, but CAD was there to keep me company. One person I am forever in debt to helped me so I wouldn't have to sell my collection and I eternally thank him for that. I don't think any other board would have came thru like that. So with all this being said I encourage all of you(especially newbs) to read what has been said here and take it to heart. Lets keep this the best forum on the interwebs.

COLLECT AND DESTROY!!!! sqube violent
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

View user profile http://albinotacoshop.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm

clap excellent! bow
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm

This is awesome, well said Gatiio!!!

Very Happy
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnumManipulator on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 am

Last edited by MagnumManipulator on Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 am

Glad im not getting flamed, yet. lol.

Thanks for sharing Chase. I wouldnt have some of my most beloved pieces had it not been for this place. Not only the pieces, the stories behind them.

It is great to hear stories and come together and go and gossip on threads. Sometimes it is awesome to squeal like a little girl with the rest of you at the sight of a new release.

and I just feel that the buy/sell attitudes around here as of late, really pollute that feeling. This is an attempt to help everyone have a better time and keep our minds on the prize, that is, pester Ferg into what's gonna happen next. Twisted Evil

that said, ima go whine some more on the 3A thread over there. Razz
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 am

chase1319 wrote:Well said!!! This community is meant to be chill. I belong to KR and CP, but this is the only forum I stay on and post. KR is garbage and CP is just not meant for me, I have tried to fit in over there, but it's not my crowd. This place really has been like a family and we really get to know people on personal level. I have several people's cell numbers whom I'm never met in person but text regularly. Some people even helped me out in this difficult time I'm having after my accident. My family couldn't be with me thru my surgery and recovery, but CAD was there to keep me company. One person I am forever in debt to helped me so I wouldn't have to sell my collection and I eternally thank him for that. I don't think any other board would have came thru like that. So with all this being said I encourage all of you(especially newbs) to read what has been said here and take it to heart. Lets keep this the best forum on the interwebs.

COLLECT AND DESTROY!!!! sqube violent

I'm with you on both counts for KR & CP
KR just sucks. It's like a penis contest with toys. CP is cool but yeah just not my crowd.
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 am

I trust you you trust me were a great big cad family with a trade from me too you won't you say you trust me toooooohh! --- all new members must post a video of themselves singing this too get on hahaha..
But its true I love this forum and collecting , even brought my dad , sister and me together as well which was really cool .
All the members look out for each other help and communicate its what its all about being a family and friends.

If it wasn't for these guys I would have stopped collecting years ago , I've learned I almost dislike everything about the kr forum . This is also a crazy question do you think that this forum will ever cap out with a limit ?

[/quote]

KR just sucks. It's like a penis contest with toys. CP is cool but yeah just not my crowd.[/quote]

Do you not like t because you have tuns smallest *cough penis cough * collection ? Lol jk Twisted Evil
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 am

dedicatedart wrote:I trust you you trust me were a great big cad family with a trade from me too you won't you say you trust me toooooohh! --- all new members must post a video of themselves singing this too get on hahaha..
But its true I love this forum and collecting , even brought my dad , sister and me together as well which was really cool .
All the members look out for each other help and communicate its what its all about being a family and friends.

If it wasn't for these guys I would have stopped collecting years ago , I've learned I almost dislike everything about the kr forum . This is also a crazy question do you think that this forum will ever cap out with a limit ?

KR just sucks. It's like a penis contest with toys. CP is cool but yeah just not my crowd.[/quote]

Do you not like t because you have tuns smallest *cough penis cough * collection ? Lol jk Twisted Evil [/quote]

My car is a piece of shit. Nuff said Very Happy
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 am

edstuff wrote:
dedicatedart wrote:I trust you you trust me were a great big cad family with a trade from me too you won't you say you trust me toooooohh! --- all new members must post a video of themselves singing this too get on hahaha..

KR just sucks. It's like a penis contest with toys. CP is cool but yeah just not my crowd.

Do you not like t because you have tuns smallest *cough penis cough * collection ? Lol jk Twisted Evil [/quote]

My car is a piece of shit. Nuff said Very Happy [/quote]

Lol some guy last summer at hpthe bar was bragging about his car or some shit , so I said I take it the car makes you and your little self seem semi bigger lol ... shut him up
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:15 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 am

Alright, Gents if you want to discuss KR take it elsewhere. Or go to the KR thread here. lol. This convo would be a perfect excuse to revive that defunct thing.

Dont derail the convo, peeps. Nobody wants to hear talk about yer peckers. mad2

I want to take this chance to aggregate all the tips and tricks to make the forum a smoother ride.

Getting back to etiquette, if I might add, if you are the last comment on a thread, dont post again just edit your last post.

Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 am

Gatiio wrote:Alright, Gents if you want to discuss KR take it elsewhere. Or go to the KR thread here. lol. This convo would be a perfect excuse to revive that defunct thing.

Dont derail the convo, peeps. Nobody wants to hear talk about yer peckers. mad2

I want to take this chance to aggregate all the tips and tricks to make the forum a smoother ride.

Getting back to etiquette, if I might add, if you are the last comment on a thread, dont post again just edit your last post.

Yess mother gatiio ! mad2 affraid Laughing
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 am

Gatiio wrote:

Good last tip!
EDIT: I hope I'm following protocol appropriately! :O
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:25 am

What do you guys think about having a minimum post count for buying/selling? CP has that and it seems to work. It helps reduce flippers buying our toys at reasonable prices and then re-selling. Also eliminates newbies coming on board just to unload their crap.
Vince
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 am

Vince wrote:What do you guys think about having a minimum post count for buying/selling? CP has that and it seems to work. It helps reduce flippers buying our toys at reasonable prices and then re-selling. Also eliminates newbies coming on board just to unload their crap.

My biggest concern is that if we start implementing rules from other forums inevitably we will become just like those other forums. No disrespect to anyone from here that is also a member from CP, but I don't want CAD to become any close to what they are. I checked it out from time to time and that community seems like high school all over again... you are shunned off the minute you are not part of the cool crowd.
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 am

Good thread Gatiio, all well said and very true. Hopefully the new guys and old dogs all read this

This place really is the best
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 am

mazdevilz wrote:
Vince wrote:What do you guys think about having a minimum post count for buying/selling? CP has that and it seems to work. It helps reduce flippers buying our toys at reasonable prices and then re-selling. Also eliminates newbies coming on board just to unload their crap.

My biggest concern is that if we start implementing rules from other forums inevitably we will become just like those other forums. No disrespect to anyone from here that is also a member from CP, but I don't want CAD to become any close to what they are. I checked it out from time to time and that community seems like high school all over again... you are shunned off the minute you are not part of the cool crowd.

I agree with Maz.

We are self governed, so if we can't follow some sense of base respect, then we are screwed. Rules are meant to be broken and its up to us to just give advice to those 'newbs' that might not know any better and shun behavior that only is detrimental to the hobby. I was a rottencrotch for a long time and I respect the help and advice a lot of people gave me here, I can holy hope I get to help others with whatever advice I might have.

We dont have crowds and we roll however we might. I just feel that sometimes having a whiny, want-it-now attitude really gets in the way of stuff.

We dont need people policing us, we need to be more conscious ourselves of how damn annoying it is to 'bump' and post incessantly without content or giving anything to the conversation.

I also dislike the way CP is ran, thats why I am here and not there. that and I like these toys and I dont like those other ones.

EDIT:

CankleBreaker wrote:
Gatiio wrote:

Good last tip!
EDIT: I hope I'm following protocol appropriately! :O

Smartass. LOL

PS. wasnt so hard, now, was it?
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:15 am

tongue
But what you and everyone else has been saying is on point. I'll slow down my bumping on my sales thread as well, I'm just used to bumping daily from other forums to try to stay on top of the massive threads.
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 am

CankleBreaker wrote: tongue
But what you and everyone else has been saying is on point. I'll slow down my bumping on my sales thread as well, I'm just used to bumping daily from other forums to try to stay on top of the massive threads.

We forgive you.
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:09 am

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:
CankleBreaker wrote: tongue

We forgive you.

All I ever wanted was your forgiveness Anthony, thanks!
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am

Sticky this!

I, for one, will now be implementing this. This can also, hopefully, bring newer and "quieter" members become more involved in the community. This community is really the best toy forum out there. Im not yet part of the CAD alumni yet but I still feel the love and its pretty goddamn sweet.
chug
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Great post Gatiio! - All sounds pretty sensible & reasonable to me. Smile

I frequent a couple of non-collecting related forums and, believe me, the friendliness, camaraderie and community-spirit that we see here on CAD really is unusual.

Off to do a bit of sig. editing.....
cripery
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood101 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:43 pm

as long as this place doesn't get the skullbrain god complex im good with any tips.. just the tip tongue (that's what she said )

Blood101
CAD Special Forces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top