CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:31 am

Awww, devito! Leaving me hanging here bounce lol!
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Geescube on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:45 am

Im really glad you started this thread Rob. I would have hit this thread first thing when I joined. Anyhow, my name is Alyssa pronounced UH-LEE-SUH, which is not the way the name looks. Hopefully, next time I meet some of you guys at con, you can remember that Very Happy.

Im a really immature female who loves watching animated TV series, collecting toys/plush, and listening to Trance music.

I found my way into collecting toys around SDCC 2012. There was this Funko bobblehead I just had to have (aka Loki). So I went all out with Funko for about 6 months. Then I stumbled onto Kidrobot stuff via the South Park Licensed figs and Kozik Anarchy pieces. I was able to get all I needed in the KR line and hopped over to Jamungo last June. Since last June I've started hunting Gassed Squadts and then I graduated into all black or dark Squadts. Currently, I have all I need and now I'm just waiting for new Black or Gassed Squadt releases. What a Face 
Geescube
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  devito1195 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:53 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:Awww, devito! Leaving me hanging here bouncelol!
Lol - it's just my last name, my favorite sports figures jersey number #11 Mark Messier, followed by my sports number growing up #95
devito1195
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:12 am

But what does geescube mean? C'mon,  Alyssa, make with secrets violent

Thanks, Ralph! My OCD is pretty bad lol!
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 am

devito1195 wrote:When they ask me what I do there - i respond with "I am a package designer." That's usually followed up with "So what do you do?"    my response: "I'm the guy that determines how many wire ties go around the toy! Twisted Evil "  

Laughing violent
Rivet
Trench Warmer

View user profile http://www.rivetgallery.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Geescube on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:But what does geescube mean? C'mon,  Alyssa, make with secrets violent

Thanks, Ralph! My OCD is pretty bad lol!

Dammit I knew i forgot somethin. My bad. I dislike my last name so I go by "Gee." My fave number is 3. So i kinda mashed that together and now its Geescube. Cube for 3 Smile
Geescube
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:02 am

Really liking this thread reading what everyone has to say

Well let's see, names Josué, most people say "huh" when I tell em my name, unless they speak spanish.
Most people at work still say and write Jose

My CAD name el payaso loco is Spanish for the crazy clown  clown I guess I can be a little crazy thats what I have been told since highschool. The clown is from heavy use of clowns in west coast street culture. Everything I have ever had interest in has mainly been from the west coast, music, art, clothing. A lot just  turns out to originate there..im the type of person you would never guess by first impression am into art an collecting unless you reall know me and I'm not afraid to share my addiction of collecting with people clown 

I started my collection with military gas mask and the odd figure here and there. Never entered the vinyl scene until I came across the playge rat preorder in a site. Noticed a little gasmask logo, dug deeper came across jamungo and the gassed launch party..love at first sight. Now here I am a few years later cheers  violent  clown
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:27 am

el_payaso_loco wrote:

I started my collection with military gas mask and the odd figure here and there.

Do you mind posting your gas mask collection sometime?

And is your name pronounced "haas-wah"?
Rivet
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Geescube on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 am

I would have guessed ho-sway?
Geescube
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 am

Geescube wrote:I would have guessed ho-sway?
haha yess correct Alyssa  clown without the lick of Spanish accent to it of course

Rivet sure thing I can post a pic of the gas masks. If you have instagram I have a pic there
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vinyl_addict on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm Chris, vinyl_addict chose the name vinyl_addict because I have been DJing for 10+ years and I've always loved vinyl records, nothing like the feel/sound of vinyl. Similar to Geescube i was introduced to vinyl toys thru Funko. i have a rather large collection of those vinyl figures, but they lost their luster for me. I saw squadt awhile back from searching instagram for vinyl toys and thought they were awesome but when i went to the store everything was sold out so i just put it on the back burner as something i would not get into. Then Geescube posted some up on instagram and sparked my interest again. We started chatting about squadts and it was over from there lol. I currently have 5 squadt and i hope my collection continues to grow as i get to know everyone on the boards.
vinyl_addict
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 pm

vinyl_addict wrote:Similar to Geescube i was introduced to vinyl toys thru Funko. i have a rather large collection of those vinyl figures, but they lost their luster for me.

It is interesting to read how each person found vinyl toys.  For myself, I was an avid Nightmare Before Christmas collector prior to the flooding of the merchandise market, but this lead me to a Florida convention in early 2000's where I visited Toy Tokyo's booth and found out about Toy2R.  I loved the Toyer platform and then it slowly expanded from there.  

I do not collect as many toys now for various reasons-spend more time at my business than at home, toy platforms, transitioned more towards artwork, tastes have become more selective and particular, etc. I think this hobby and collector niche is always evolving and there is a rebirth of collector. From having my store for 6.5 years I can say that a good majority of customers I have spoke to about the matter found this hobby because of Uglydolls or Kid Robot.
Rivet
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 pm

el_payaso_loco wrote:
I started my collection with military gas mask and the odd figure here and there. Never entered the vinyl scene until I came across the playge rat preorder in a site. Noticed a little gasmask logo, dug deeper came across jamungo and the gassed launch party..love at first sight. Now here I am a few years later cheers  violent  clown

I found your picture of masks on Instagram-thanks. Did you ever find interest in the UNKL brand toys called Hazmapos? They are a nod to gas masks, so if you have not seen them, some can be found on Ebay these days as they are sadly a toy of the past now mostly.
Rivet
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:11 am

I have seen the hazmapos before a few times. But not really my thing. A few of them are cool, but not something I would add to the collection
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:30 am

*may I have your attention please will the real dedicated art please stand up*

Why hello to everyone reading this my name is Arturo , I started my sick addiction of collecting since I was a child with pokemon cards. It then grew to comics, random toys, child hood toys as I grew older . My uncle was a kidrobot and shawnimal collector he purchased me a blind box of a kid robot labbit it was a smoking bee labbit (smoking a B aka blunt ) I feel in love with it. I then started looking and researching more and more and more and buying more and more vinyl.(this is 2009) I then stumbled across squadts in late 09' , never making a release and them always being sold out I gave up at first .I stalked the board's before joing for a while a long while trying to figure out what it was about.
I then bought my first one which was a retail squadt one of the first out for retail sale I forget if it was playge dr ,jack or opprs gassed. I then fell in love and by the time I knew it I had a dozen by the end of the month and hhaven't stopped collecting squadts since they have become my main collection now .
I have had I believe every squadt now pass through my hands besides sa chip and gassed .
I currently have cut down alot owing about 34? And two custom squadts one custom k-9, and three more custom squadts one thier way so look out in the customes fourm for them =).

My name dedicatedart comes from year's ago in high school friends started calling me dedicated because I was pretty muxh dedicated to what ever I set my mind to as well as a dedicated friend. My name being art and having a passion for art and collecting I there for made my ID on here dedicated-art put together.

I absolutely love this place every ones amazing and help full ive had many help as well as myself helping others.
Im 22 and will probably collect till I die, I work as hammerman currently making Harley Davidsons kick stands kind of cool fact im the only one in the world currently who makes them for hHarley Davidson.

Any questions feel free to ask and I know my typing is horrible thanks again Art
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordfish on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 pm

I'm super jealous of all of you that found out about Squadts early. My collection would be so much nicer if I did!!!!
Swordfish
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Swordfish wrote:I'm super jealous of all of you that found out about Squadts early. My collection would be so much nicer if I did!!!!

Ive know of them since the first release, but was always broke/ a student to afford them. So not all early birds have been that lucky.  Sad 

Either way, super fun times collecting them.
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

View user profile http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kuhwinters on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Gatiio wrote:Either way, super fun times collecting them.

Bingo. I buy doubles of Squadts that I dig just to have some to play around with and kitbash. Doesn't matter if they are rare or not. It's just good to have fun with 'em.

Reminds me of what Ferg said in the video from the first Trigger show about how he just wants to be able to make things that are fun for people to hold and play around with.
kuhwinters
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teimaru on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 am

This thread is totally awesome, Roach great idea to have started it  What a Face 
I really enjoy reading your stories and how the addiction began.

As for me, I'm Fred, I work on a surgical unit, really enjoy the manga culture, mystic things and legends, japanese martial arts and Capoeira.

Started collecting and customising something like 7-8 years ago, saw a KOZIK smoking Joe Obey version in a French art magazine, and then I was fucked, addiction had started.
After that, I passed the addiction to my brother.

I remember seeing the first squadts releases, and not caring about. How fool was I.
This time it was my brother who put me into collecting these, he started with a FB Jack if I'm not mistaken, and told me how cool these lil fuckers were. Then I thought cool, started buying one or 2. And a third, and a fourth, ....     And  the Squadt Addiction was glued on me like glitters on a strip-girl.

drunken
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks, Fred! I started mostly cause I was fascinated with everyones' usernames. With that being said, where does yours come from? (Gotta ask, sorry lol!)
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teimaru on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:Thanks, Fred! I started mostly cause I was fascinated with everyones' usernames. With that being said, where does yours come from? (Gotta ask, sorry lol!)

Our come from ... Nhaaaa can't tell , it's a mistery  Suspect What a Face 
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordfish on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh come on guys!!!!
Swordfish
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CMB on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Gatiio wrote:
Swordfish wrote:I'm super jealous of all of you that found out about Squadts early. My collection would be so much nicer if I did!!!!

Ive know of them since the first release, but was always broke/ a student to afford them.  So not all early birds have been that lucky.   Sad 

Either way, super fun times collecting them.

Word.

This thread does kind of read like an A.A. meeting. Hilarious. And a great idea.  

Ahem. My name is Adam, from Memphis, Tennessee.  I got into collecting toys late 2009 when I saw a posting for ThreeA's Dropcloth 4-pack (those were the days) on Highsnobiety.com.  It blew me away.

I found Squadts shorty after that and have been hooked ever since.  I collect Coarse stuff, some kaiju, and a few other random toys.  I also collect music of all kinds, books, art, t-shirts, shoes and other clothing, though I'm only a minor sneaker-head.

"CMB" just came from nothing.  I was reading about cosmic microwave background  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background the day I found the 3A Forum and just quickly typed it in without thinking how deep I was about to go down the rabbit hole.  I thought of changing it to something more cool and suitable to my persona but I never did.

CMB
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 am

Aww, Fred...

CMB wrote:
"CMB" just came from nothing.  I was reading about cosmic microwave background  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background the day I found the 3A Forum and just quickly typed it in without thinking how deep I was about to go down the rabbit hole.  I thought of changing it to something more cool and suitable to my persona but I never did.

I'm not gonna lie, I didnt understand much of that wiki page but it all sounded cool as shit cyclops
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  popsH2O on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm

Hello everyone, thanks roachshack for directing me to the right place.

My name is Hector, pops is a nickname I've had since I was a kid. I use it or some form of it in usernames I have. I like to play video games, collect vinyl, and listen to all kinds of music. I'm a electronic technician by trade. Can't really think of anything elsel, so until next time peace.
popsH2O
Mary Jane Rottencrotch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top