[ 2 ]
39% 39% 
[ 7 ]
16% 16% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

Toys & Money - and everything related

Post  unlucky_charm13 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:14 pm

I started to derail my own topic, but this is always an interesting conversation too. I put a poll on there, which I think is private (Ferg, can you confirm it is, or make the names private?) in case you don't want to disclose publicly your collections value in conversation.

But let's discuss the value of our collections, how you value it (what you paid vs. current resale value), insurance, toys as investments, most valuable pieces, etc. I'll leave this open to various topics as to avoid multiple threads due to my rambling derailments. Feel free to bring up anything relevant I may have missed or ask questions as I'm sure someone here has an answer for you.

This should be fun, go!

***I just voted as a test then canceled it, it didn't show my name, so I'm pretty sure it's private***

Last edited by Prophecy on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile http://www.nolovecity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Toys & Money - and everything related

Post  unlucky_charm13 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:33 pm

I'll kick it off...

Insurance - My wife and I have had itemized insurance on our valuables, mostly toys and art, for many years now. It's a fairly inexpensive addition to our policy, so we feel it's worth it. I've heard too many stories about stolen collections, fires, water damage, etc. I would be crushed as some things are irreplaceable or very hard to replace. But the financial loss would be a killer. I know our collection is nothing compared to a lot of people, but you can't be too safe!

Most valuable pieces - Our most valuable production piece (based on resale price) is probably TB Drifter or Fly. Aside from those, I would have to say our Crow King by kaNO or one of our customs, likely our DrilOne mega munny is worth the most. Unfortunately we haven't been in the position financially to pick up some things we'd love to have like limited run larger pieces, huge one offs/customs, or like a 4ft dunny - you get the idea.

At the end of the day, things are only worth what someone is willing pay. And from my experience collecting other things, the market can just fall flat due to loss of interest, the economy, or various other factors. I mean, just look at beanie babies, for the most part the majority of them lost their value, but at one point the market was ridiculous and people got rich (especially ty).

Luckily, and I know since CAD is full of true collectors, value has little impact because we're not letting our things go, we love them too much. And hey, if the secondary market crashes I'll be able to build massive armies of my favorite toys. Haha

Last edited by Prophecy on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:29 pm

My collection now is about 1/4 of what it was 4-5 years ago in terms of size. I spent quite a bit back then, but as my tastes have changed, I've ended up selling off a lot of stuff. Luckily, a lot of pieces held their value over time and I was able to recoup most of the money I had in them. I took a hit on some things but I've also been able to sell a lot of stuff for more than what I paid. When it comes down to it, I've still spent way too much money on toys... Besides the fire catzilla, I can't remember the last time I bought something that wasn't done by ferg. It's been years. But that's a good thing, cuz I don't have the money or the space to keep up anymore.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unlucky_charm13 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 am

ontheDL - Understandable. And it's nice that when you consolidated/focussed your collecting that it seems like your investment balanced out. I imagine that most of us will admit to spending too much money. And I know we don't have enough room. We've been doing better at focusing and collecting what we like. The bad part of that with us and many collectors is that your tastes evolve after years of collecting. With that exposure and appreciation of these pieces, they often have a higher price tag. I really wish I could emotionally let go of a lot of pieces and consolidate. There's tons of blindbox toys and other stuff that I I'm not too concerned with. It's just hard to sell things (for me). But I bet that money would have a nice impact in my wanted list, future pieces, or just bills, lol.
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryPanda410 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:38 am

I am actually in the process of selling off all my collection of dunnys and just unnecessary buys.. If I have spent thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to have what I currently have its become overwhelming and almost unnecessary..maybe alittle saddening lol and then I came across Ferg and his Platform and looked into it a bit further and I love that There isn't something new coming out every three days the community is cool and welcoming to new people and its the most solidly put together and distributed platform I have seen in awhile. I feel like I can breath and take time with collecting and hopefully save some damn money lol. So now the fun part comes of selling over 500 pieces, I think I will always collect Angry Woebots, Ashley Wood(occasionally), Drilone customs and now Squadt, Squadt being my primary focus and then Angry Woes being that Ferg is the most affordable

Most expensive things I own

- OG PandaKing 2 (Aaron Martin)
-Killer Donut OG (Aaron Martin)
-Killer Donut Brown bear (Aaron Martin)

-Blind Cowboy with horse (Ashley Wood)

Also The talk of putting personal things such as your toy collection on the insurance, If someone could point me in the right direction on what I will need to do that. I have actually been discussing that the past couple of days. What does it entail ? Photos of everything or just a simple phone call and an estimated value of what you own ?
AngryPanda410
CAD Grunt

View user profile http://trampt.com/users/AngryPanda410/feed

Back to top Go down

Post  unlucky_charm13 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:08 pm

I would recommend going in and discussing this with whomever provides your home owners or renters insurance. They'll be able to lay out options and which is best for you.

I think you can have like blanket coverage that would cover a certain dollar amount. We use State Farm for all of our various insurance needs. We have a somewhat specific itemized policy in order to cover things. Depending on what kind of coverage you go with and for what amount will obviously affect the cost of that addition to your policy.

Again, I'm no expert in insurance. We had our guy walk us through everything. So that's what I recommend doing, that's what they're there for, go see what your options are.
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryPanda410 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:10 am

Prophecy wrote:I would recommend going in and discussing this with whomever provides your home owners or renters insurance.  They'll be able to lay out options and which is best for you.

I think you can have like blanket coverage that would cover a certain dollar amount.  We use State Farm for all of our various insurance needs.  We have a somewhat specific itemized policy in order to cover things.  Depending on what kind of coverage you go with and for what amount will obviously affect the cost of that addition to your policy.

Again, I'm no expert in insurance.  We had our guy walk us through everything.  So that's what I recommend doing, that's what they're there for, go see what your options are.

hmm I think I like the sound of the Itemized policy a little better, thanks man I will ask my guy Smile
AngryPanda410
CAD Grunt

View user profile http://trampt.com/users/AngryPanda410/feed

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood101 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:43 am

Im about 40k including paintings and my 4ter, prob 15k in toys .. what a pit. My collection is also insured

Blood101
CAD Special Forces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unlucky_charm13 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 pm

Blood101 wrote:Im about 40k including paintings and my 4ter, prob 15k in toys .. what a pit. My collection is also insured

What a wonderful pit you mean Smile
We can't take it with us when we're gone, might as well enjoy our environments while we're here.

What's 4ter mean? 4 footer? Also interested in checking out your art collection and artists you're into if you're ok sharing. Do you have pics (instagram/elsewhere)?
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood101 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Prophecy wrote:
Blood101 wrote:Im about 40k including paintings and my 4ter, prob 15k in toys .. what a pit. My collection is also insured

What a wonderful pit you mean Smile
We can't take it with us when we're gone, might as well enjoy our environments while we're here.

What's 4ter mean?  4 footer?  Also interested in checking out your art collection and artists you're into if you're ok sharing.  Do you have pics (instagram/elsewhere)?

Yes a wonderful pit indeed . i work a full time cooking job, on the side with my dad for cash , i rent out a room in my house , so almost everything i do to earn a buck i try to spend it on art.

4ft is my black 4ft kaws dissected companion
Lister OG painting from his ballerina series
Lister OG painting from his past show in JLV gallery "dark daze"
Sam friendman Painting
Parksid x 2H colab

Im on insatgram . its mostly cats and dumb shit ryryry203 . and ill post pictures later

Blood101
CAD Special Forces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unlucky_charm13 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Nice. Really great pieces there!
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  DuchessVonUberhick on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:46 pm

IS THERE ANY ONE ELSE HERE THAT IS FACING TOXIC CHEMICALS
MARYLIN AND SELIM AND THE WHITE WISHES AND FBI ARE PROTECTING ELTON JOHN
WE NERED ARE DRONES NOW

WE ARE GOING TO ROMAN THEN PICKING UP HEFF LISTEN TO YOU WE ARE GOING TO EDEN
AND WE DEAL WITH NASTY ANGELS
ONLY I USE ALL OF LUCY TO CLEAN UP MANGLED TIRED SOLDIERS I FIUX YOU WITH BABBLE

YOU"RE ALL BOred
YOU MISSED THE LAST SHUttle you were destined to hunt SERIAL KILLERS and BE IN WITH WILLY I"VE GOT SATAN TO TEND THESE PPL NEED ALIENS AND ARE USING GOOGLE YOU NEED TO COLLECT THE GOOD ONES AND STOP USING US
I"M DEALING WITH ALPHA AND OMEGA AND THE FBI HAVE US ON WIRE TAPS
THEY LIVE IN TRAILERS AND I"M TAKING HEFF
YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED
WORD UP IT"S GONNA GET NASTY IN HEAVEN YOU ARE A SEVANT I PAID POFF THE FEDS I DRINK CLEAN WATER I"VE GOT

ALCHomoy at your hands
YOU BORE ME
I"M TIRED I NEED MY CASTLE LEFT IN TACT!!!
YOU GOT A SHARK IN THE WATER YOU ARE THE NEXT PERSON DYING YOU have MARSHALS AT YOUR FEET
ANYONE SA SUBGENUIS

DuchessVonUberhick
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood101 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:00 am

DuchessVonUberhick wrote:IS THERE ANY ONE ELSE HERE THAT IS FACING TOXIC CHEMICALS
MARYLIN AND SELIM AND THE WHITE WISHES AND FBI  ARE PROTECTING ELTON JOHN
WE NERED ARE DRONES NOW

WE ARE GOING TO ROMAN THEN PICKING UP HEFF LISTEN TO YOU WE ARE GOING TO EDEN
  AND WE DEAL WITH NASTY ANGELS
ONLY I USE ALL OF LUCY TO CLEAN UP MANGLED TIRED SOLDIERS I FIUX YOU WITH BABBLE

YOU"RE ALL BOred
YOU MISSED THE  LAST SHUttle you were destined to hunt SERIAL KILLERS and BE IN WITH WILLY I"VE GOT SATAN TO TEND THESE PPL NEED ALIENS AND ARE USING GOOGLE YOU NEED TO COLLECT THE GOOD ONES AND STOP USING US
I"M DEALING WITH ALPHA AND OMEGA AND THE FBI HAVE US ON WIRE TAPS
THEY LIVE IN TRAILERS AND I"M TAKING HEFF
YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED
WORD UP IT"S GONNA GET NASTY IN HEAVEN YOU ARE A SEVANT I PAID POFF THE FEDS I DRINK CLEAN WATER I"VE GOT

ALCHomoy at your hands
YOU BORE ME
I"M TIRED I NEED MY CASTLE LEFT IN TACT!!!
YOU GOT A SHARK IN THE WATER YOU ARE THE NEXT PERSON DYING  YOU have MARSHALS AT YOUR FEET
ANYONE SA SUBGENUIS
i <3 you

Blood101
CAD Special Forces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reks36 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:44 am

Laughing
Reks36
CAD Too Buku

View user profile