Ads on the Forum - update: the ads have now been disabled. (you have to be logged in)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ads on the Forum - update: the ads have now been disabled. (you have to be logged in)

Post  nnumber6 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:52 am

Am I the only one seeing ads on the forum now when signed in?  I only ever remember seeing them when signed out.

I don't use AdBlock or any similar plugins, for two reasons:
- to maintain a standard web development environment
- if someone wants to make a few extra bucks, I can respect that

Just page loads slow as fugg now.
nnumber6
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads on the Forum - update: the ads have now been disabled. (you have to be logged in)

Post  BigNasty on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:14 am

Dude! I thought i was just me going crazy!..lol..i was like shit i picked up some type of adware or something..so after restoring my hard drive and hours of searching files and pure frustration i finally just installed adblock and and i feel like it looks normal now..lol..but i was seriously questioning my sanity for a few hours..lol..i was like..

i couldn't remember if the ads were always there or not..glad im not as whacked out as i thought..lol
BigNasty
CAD Special Forces

View user profile http://www.undercoverrestorations.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads on the Forum - update: the ads have now been disabled. (you have to be logged in)

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 am

Weird..I don't see any ads.
Admin
FERG

View user profile http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:29 am

I get em now and it drives me nuts.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigNasty on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:33 am

Huh..I just turned off adblock and im getting them again..for me it is "adchoices" from which to the extent of my knowledge is ran and owned by google and is a bitch to disable..(i tried for hours a few nights ago..lol)but i also tried a backup clean cloned hard drive and was still getting them and tried internet explorer also and still there..so im 99% sure its not a virus or adware i picked up somewhere..but like i said i just turned on adblock and ignorance is bliss..lol..
Congrats on the sales today Ferg!!!This ones for you!! bonghit chug
BigNasty
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 am

Yeah - I'm seeing ads when logged in now too. Must have turned up over the last week or so. Not a biggie on PC with Adblock but they're there when logged in on mobile.
cripery
CAD Too Buku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:12 am

Just installed Adblock mobile. Looks like it works for the most part. They did still show up once or twice while browsing.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arttoylife on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:20 am

I mostly use mobile so they've been there since I signed up.
Arttoylife
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:27 am

..so confused. Looking into it. cyclops
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 am

I get them too. For the most part it doesn't bother me, but there is a bugged 'Hotel Tonight' add that stops the rest of the page from loading. I have to keep hitting refresh until it loads a new ad.
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arttoylife on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:57 am

On mobile does anyone get redirected to the App Store other than me? It happens like twice a day, not too bad but still. Question
Arttoylife
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nnumber6 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:35 am

BigNasty got me thinking maybe it was cause I was using Chrome or just logged into my Google account in my browser, but I see them in FF too when logged in. (I used to love FF as a developer (Firebug!), but now it's probably worse/slower than IE.)

I was looking through the phpBB settings to see if there was a new checkbox to disable them, but I didn't see anything.

I mean, they're just ads, but if Ferg is (possibly) paying to not have them for signed in users and phpBB (or something) is slipping them in still, that's no bueno for anyone.
nnumber6
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeyk on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:47 am

Arttoylife wrote:On mobile does anyone get redirected to the App Store other than me? It happens like twice a day, not too bad but still. Question

I was wondering what caused that, thought it was a glitch in my phone. It would happen quite often and really pissed me off. Thanks for the info!
Mikeyk
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigNasty on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:56 am

nnumber6 wrote:I mean, they're just ads, but if Ferg is (possibly) paying to not have them for signed in users and phpBB (or something) is slipping them in still, that's no bueno for anyone.

Ya they don't usually bother me either but it was one of those "were those always there??" scratch  moments..lol..glad to hear it wasn't just me..whenever something like this happens i just blame skynet and hope i dont wake up tomorrow to this..lol..
BigNasty
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  nnumber6 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:53 am

The unknown future rolls toward us. We face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if an ad, an AdChoices ad, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too.
nnumber6
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

I dunno if this has to do with this whole ad issue but the site has been acting really weird for me on my iPhone...doesn't load the page completely. It will load correctly if I'm lucky after refreshing several times. Anyone else having this issue?
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigNasty on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:37 am

yep same here..was happening to me today as well.. Evil or Very Mad
BigNasty
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:48 am

Yeah that was happening to me with safari all last week. Had to switch to chrome.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 am

Good to know I'm not the only one that's been having issues lately on rhe forum....and yup all staryed when the ads started showing up while logged in. I've always used chrome on my phone to use the forum with no issues.. but lately it will load slower, send me to an error page with "NOT FOUND" message or redirect me to some other blank page...donot know what's up with this but I just wanna chill on the forum without these issues
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:55 am

Haven't been able to access the boards all day on "classic" version on my iPhone using safari. Switching to mobile version works tho but isn't as eas to navigate.
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:06 am

It's acting all kinds of stupid right now.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arttoylife on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:12 am

ontheDL wrote:It's acting all kinds of stupid right now.
I'm getting rolover ads that come on without warning and take up the screen for a few refreshes. Plus the app store thing is worse. You?
Arttoylife
CAD Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 am

The ads should be gone tomorrow.
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  n8iv22 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Admin wrote:The ads should be gone tomorrow.
Yay!  bonghit
n8iv22
CAD Born Again Hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Still gettin em.
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top