A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Teimaru on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 am

Ferg so is a last squadt release still possible ?
avatar
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1861
Join date : 2012-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  itsa_mia on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 am

avatar
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 5339
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 49
Location : N49

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  InebriatedGnome on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:12 am

Oh, wow. That's a kick in the head for sure.

I'm going to pick up my loyalist build right now. Feels like a real last hurrah.
avatar
InebriatedGnome
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 347
Join date : 2015-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  itsa_mia on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:14 am

sweet! cheers
avatar
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 5339
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 49
Location : N49

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  dedicatedart on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:14 am

Wtf lol??? Ferg clarity?
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1811
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  InebriatedGnome on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:22 am

The text all reads like boilerplate for a creative kids' toy site. Nothing to indicate Ferg is still involved either, although I haven't checked who owns domain now.

I suspect this just came up as a domain that got a lot of traffic sometimes, and some company automatically bought it out to sell it to anyone else that might want it.
avatar
InebriatedGnome
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 347
Join date : 2015-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  ontheDL on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Any news or teases on new projects, ferg? Also it's never too late to roll into SDCC and slang some prints with roto Suspect
avatar
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 4664
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 34
Location : Vegas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:43 pm

yea, I have no affiliation/involvement with whatever that is..
Any new squadt stuff will be posted on playge.net

I promise I'll post new stuff when I can.
As of now, i'm spread kindof thin, sorting things out. study
avatar
Admin
FERG

Posts : 4005
Join date : 2008-06-21

View user profile http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Stush on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Admin wrote:yea, I have no affiliation/involvement with whatever that is..
Any new squadt stuff will be posted on playge.net

I promise I'll post new stuff when I can.
As of now, i'm spread kindof thin, sorting things out.  study

Got it. Thanks ferg.
avatar
Stush
CAD Too Buku

Posts : 1128
Join date : 2011-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Pimp_Nugget on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 am

Please resurrect Squadt!
The line has so much life left.
And so much that can be done.

I missed every release and joined too late. perple
avatar
Pimp_Nugget
CAD Grunt

Posts : 154
Join date : 2017-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  dedicatedart on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 am

X2 for more releases. Lol
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1811
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  itsa_mia on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 am

ill shit my drawers for doc .50 bow
avatar
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts : 5339
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 49
Location : N49

View user profile http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  dedicatedart on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 am

itsa_mia wrote:ill shit my drawers for doc .50 bow
X2 this also lol
avatar
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1811
Join date : 2011-12-29
Location : Driving through your moms triangle.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Pimp_Nugget on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

dedicatedart wrote:
itsa_mia wrote:ill shit my drawers for doc .50 bow
X2 this also lol

I'd like some color.
Ferg made plenty of military-ish colors.
Purple jack.
Yellow doc
Neon pink chip

So many pantone colors to choose from.
Limitless possibilities.
avatar
Pimp_Nugget
CAD Grunt

Posts : 154
Join date : 2017-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  the-Magpie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Ohhh guys... I am here from time to time on a nostalgia tripp through the different forum topics.
It´s still hard to understand and accept that these incredible line has come to an end.
Some of the early „bakers“ liquidated their collections completly during the last month.
I am still so proud of my CAD-LB Orange Doc, my Silver refined customs and my special selection and guess you feel with me.
Sad

But as always it´s worse to stuck to long in memories so be optimistic and creative.
The custom board is highly underrated and I love seeing bringing your ideas to life.
So go for Yellow Doc and Neon Pink Chipp!!
cheers cheers cheers

Post Skriptum: Ohh.. a Doc .50.... mhhhhhh!!! What a Face What a Face What a Face
avatar
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 645
Join date : 2013-05-22
Age : 34
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  InebriatedGnome on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:24 pm

I adore this line, and especially have a soft spot in my heart for Young Gohsts and smaller figures of that scale, so seeing all those possibilities come to an end was crushing. Hell, that Scott Wilkowski Doc collab we never saw still kills me.

But honestly, if you want new stuff, you'll have to get customising. Strip and repaint a Squadt in a funky colour we've never seen before, coat it in metal (shout out to the Magpie!), kitbash new outfits and combos of accessories. Even though the line is done, the last year still gave us some incredible custom work: Terror Boy SPOOK by Teimaru and Terror Boy Circus 33 by the Magpie have to be the two most impressive Squadt customs I've ever seen, even cleaner and better thought-out than the impressive work of past greats like F+. We need to keep that going. Next time you're going to commission a toy, make it a Squadt, and if you're getting into customs, make this your platform  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

But at the end of the day, Ferg has made the choice to do something else, at least for the foreseeable future. We should respect that. It means a lot more to me that an artist I like is pursuing creative work that puts fire in his blood, than whether or not it's the work that I specifically want. If we see more Squadt stuff down the road, of course I'd be over the moon. But right now I'm along for the ride, wherever it takes us. I'm just very glad that the end of Squadts wasn't the end of these forums, or the end of our getting to enjoy Ferg's work. This was my first toy forum and I'm sticking around until the servers die one day. CAD for life.
avatar
InebriatedGnome
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 347
Join date : 2015-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Pimp_Nugget on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm

InebriatedGnome wrote:I adore this line, and especially have a soft spot in my heart for Young Gohsts and smaller figures of that scale, so seeing all those possibilities come to an end was crushing. Hell, that Scott Wilkowski Doc collab we never saw still kills me.

But honestly, if you want new stuff, you'll have to get customising. Strip and repaint a Squadt in a funky colour we've never seen before, coat it in metal (shout out to the Magpie!), kitbash new outfits and combos of accessories. Even though the line is done, the last year still gave us some incredible custom work: Terror Boy SPOOK by Teimaru and Terror Boy Circus 33 by the Magpie have to be the two most impressive Squadt customs I've ever seen, even cleaner and better thought-out than the impressive work of past greats like F+. We need to keep that going. Next time you're going to commission a toy, make it a Squadt, and if you're getting into customs, make this your platform  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

But at the end of the day, Ferg has made the choice to do something else, at least for the foreseeable future. We should respect that. It means a lot more to me that an artist I like is pursuing creative work that puts fire in his blood, than whether or not it's the work that I specifically want. If we see more Squadt stuff down the road, of course I'd be over the moon. But right now I'm along for the ride, wherever it takes us. I'm just very glad that the end of Squadts wasn't the end of these forums, or the end of our getting to enjoy Ferg's work. This was my first toy forum and I'm sticking around until the servers die one day. CAD for life.

Agreed. Time away from a line can make people appreciate it when there is a return. Dodge did it with the charger and Chevy did it with the camero. Some lines don't know when to take a break and become stale and lose ground. Ferg probably knows best and when the time is right will return with something that blows us away.

As far as customizing is concerned, there are only so many of each fig to go around a d when they are gone, they are gone. DIY figs would be a great way to keep from destroying Ferg's original vision.
avatar
Pimp_Nugget
CAD Grunt

Posts : 154
Join date : 2017-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Teimaru on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 pm

I am still "recovering" (lol) from the Squadt line end. I respect for sure Ferg decision, but there is a lil voice in a part of my mind telling me "maybe one day this will resurrect" .
So I keep looking and enjoying at my squadt collection, working on squadts customs and projects,alternative weapons and clothes, squadts related stuff, making pictures (well this is the plan, didn't take time to make proper pictures of my last builds and works), and dreaming maybe one day, in a way or another, Ferg will come back with a great new.

I still feel quite frustrated that NKD and GID NKD docs, O.50 docs, 20" Jack, chipp and docs,collabs (fergxHuck for exemple), and all the next squadts Ferg surely had in mind, won't see the light of production.

But eh, need to accept that and build with what we have.

Even if the board is still alive, with the end of squadts, activity decreased a bit more. Maybe we can try to make pictures of our current collections and share together, and find some ways to share the love we have for squadts in a way or another. Any ideas ?
avatar
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

Posts : 1861
Join date : 2012-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  InebriatedGnome on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:10 pm

When I get back to New York, I'll take mine out to the park and get some photos. Perhaps the only non-janky Squadt collection shots I'll ever take Wink
avatar
InebriatedGnome
CAD Born Again Hard

Posts : 347
Join date : 2015-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  the-Magpie on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

InebriatedGnome wrote:But honestly, if you want new stuff, you'll have to get customising. Strip and repaint a Squadt in a funky colour we've never seen before, coat it in metal (shout out to the Magpie!), kitbash new outfits and combos of accessories. Even though the line is done, the last year still gave us some incredible custom work: Terror Boy SPOOK by Teimaru and Terror Boy Circus 33 by the Magpie have to be the two most impressive Squadt customs I've ever seen, even cleaner and better thought-out than the impressive work of past greats like F+.


Wow!! Your words brings up the blushing in my face suddenly. It´s really an honor for Teimaru and me to hear this.
Personally I also adore the work of Takemarus custom projects. His modelling skills and his sense for details is brillant.

InebriatedGnome wrote:We need to keep that going. Next time you're going to commission a toy, make it a Squadt, and if you're getting into customs, make this your platform  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

I really love to see much more brave CADers customising, modifying and repainting squadts.
What a Face

InebriatedGnome wrote:This was my first toy forum and I'm sticking around until the servers die one day. CAD for life.

x2 !!


Teimaru wrote:Even if the board is still alive, with the end of squadts, activity decreased a bit more. Maybe we can try to make pictures of our current collections and share together, and find some ways to share the love we have for squadts in a way or another. Any ideas ?

Remember the 365 days of trouble project. Maybe we can create Phototopics for each line, e.g. „the trouble & terror shooting“, „the military playground“ or „Squadts nude in public“. Wink
So personally I have 2 more custom projects in progress and will do my best to keep the creative flow running.
CAD 4 life!!
avatar
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Posts : 645
Join date : 2013-05-22
Age : 34
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A LONG NEEDED UPDATE.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum