Music Thread

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  Mendez on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

DannyCassette wrote:
Mendez wrote:as far as what I listen to :

Interpol
Cursive
Thursday
Joy Division
She Wants Revenge
Bloc Party
Foals
The Smiths
Cure
NIN
The Presets
The Good Life
Kraftwerk
80s

Im gonna say so far Mendez has better taste in music. Good job buddy.

word, I knew you and I could probably hang. =)

Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts: 2500
Join date: 2008-08-06
Age: 42
Location: EARTH

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  dreamattack27 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 pm

DannyCassette wrote:
Mendez wrote:as far as what I listen to :

Interpol
Cursive
Thursday
Joy Division
She Wants Revenge
Bloc Party
Foals
The Smiths
Cure
NIN
The Presets
The Good Life
Kraftwerk
80s

Im gonna say so far Mendez has better taste in music. Good job buddy.

That's what I'm talkin about. Fucking love the Presets. Actually, the only band there I don't like is She Wants Revenge. Saw them open for Placebo a couple years ago, but they don't really do it for me. Haven't heard The Good Life, will check it out.

For me lately, I've been listening to:

MJ
Berlin
PSB
Big Drill Car
Samiam
Girl Talk
Imogen Heap
Chromeo
Cars
Passion Pit
Empire Of The Sun
Pnau
Cut Copy
Ladyhawke
Presets
Goldfrapp
Social Distortion
Hellacopters
Phoenix..

dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts: 3823
Join date: 2008-07-05
Age: 39
Location: Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  Mendez on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Chromeo is awesome. Picked up the new Tiga recently. Good stuff. Also a ton of Cut Copy remixes. The Good Life is a side project of Tim Kasher from Cursive. A bit twangy at times, but full of emotion.

Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts: 2500
Join date: 2008-08-06
Age: 42
Location: EARTH

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  DannyCassette on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Right now my playlist is bands:

Echo and The Bunnymen
Scott Walker
Dexter Romweber
Army Navy
Noisettes
Billy Idol
Tiger Army
The Ghroovie Ghoulies
Johnny Preston
The Pretenders

and more.

DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

Posts: 536
Join date: 2008-07-24
Age: 35
Location: Carrboro NC

View user profile http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  dreamattack27 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Right on, I'll check it out. Saw Chromeo in concert at Lollapalooza last year, they fuckin great. Still debating on whether to go this year, so many good bands but not sure I can swing it so soon after SDCC. TBD.

dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts: 3823
Join date: 2008-07-05
Age: 39
Location: Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  Mendez on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 pm

DannyCassette wrote:Right now my playlist is bands:

Echo and The Bunnymen
Scott Walker
Dexter Romweber
Army Navy
Noisettes
Billy Idol
Tiger Army
The Ghroovie Ghoulies
Johnny Preston
The Pretenders

and more.

Man I dj an 80s weekly here in Phoenix. It's like going to Prom every week. Echo and the Bunnymen's the Cutter and Killing Moon are two my all time favorite tunes. I used to also play the best of Tears for Fears every Sunday morning followed by Radiohead's The Bends.

Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts: 2500
Join date: 2008-08-06
Age: 42
Location: EARTH

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  dreamattack27 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm

heh, I DJ on Friday nights at a bar/club here, and about 1:00 A.M. I sometimes switch over to 80's and the place goes apeshit when I finish it off with "Don't Stop Believin". And Tears For Fears are one of the most underrated bands ever. I love it all up until they got back together for that Beatles-esque atrocity a couple years back.

I also laugh everytime I hear "Sugar" by Flo Rida. I mean, seriously? You're sampling Echo and the Bunnymen? Does he even know who they are?

dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Posts: 3823
Join date: 2008-07-05
Age: 39
Location: Land Of Sunshine, SDCA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  Mendez on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:01 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Tears For Fears are one of the most underrated bands ever. I love it all up until they got back together for that Beatles-esque atrocity a couple years back.

yeah man, The Hurting is one of the best LPs of that era. If you're up for trading some music, I've been djing since 1990, my roots are industrial/gothic/ebm/alternative. I got some ill remixes and whatnot.

Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts: 2500
Join date: 2008-08-06
Age: 42
Location: EARTH

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  colbert on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:10 pm

EL PADRINO wrote:i work in the music industry, specifically within the genre of rap music. i used to work for guitar world and revolver magazines years ago, so i have been getting back into the rock thing lately. im a big fan of classic rock, (zeppelin zappa black sabbath), used to love heavy metal (early metallica, anthrax etc) even mess with some alt bands like bad religion, suicidal tendencies, nofx, bad brains, all, etc. But since rap now sucks a big one, i get pretty bored with music these days. my friend was stationed in hawaii in the navy for 6 years, and he kept telling me about jack johnson. even though dude is all up in an iphone commercial i like him. hes pretty mellow and chilled out. i like that these days, guess im finally getting old.

first learned about jack johnson when he was playing with G. Love - Rodeo Clowns. I haven't heard too much J. Johnson, but what I've heard I've liked. I've got a G. Love mix that is in constant rotation.

colbert
ATV 'expert'

Posts: 1229
Join date: 2009-02-26
Location: Santonio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  colbert on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:11 pm

whacko wrote:Got tired of Kiings of Leon pretty quick.
After a while the whininess of the lead singer's voice just get to the point where it can't be ignored.

I have been listening to a lot of older stuff lately.
Thre Days Grace
Days of the New
Throttlerod
Soundgarden
Silverchair
Pearl Jam
etc, etc.


Also in rotation at any given time are Flobots, Linkin Park, Poison the Well, Counting Crows, Tangerine Dream (old old), Optimus Rhyme, Foo Fighters and whatever else fits what mood I am in.

For the most part I try to stay away from the super-over-processed stuff most pop bands dish out these days. I like strong voices not synthesizers.

Is that Flobots any good? I've heard a couple they play on sirius and I like it so far.

colbert
ATV 'expert'

Posts: 1229
Join date: 2009-02-26
Location: Santonio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  whacko on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:29 am

colbert wrote:
whacko wrote:Got tired of Kiings of Leon pretty quick.
After a while the whininess of the lead singer's voice just get to the point where it can't be ignored.

I have been listening to a lot of older stuff lately.
Thre Days Grace
Days of the New
Throttlerod
Soundgarden
Silverchair
Pearl Jam
etc, etc.


Also in rotation at any given time are Flobots, Linkin Park, Poison the Well, Counting Crows, Tangerine Dream (old old), Optimus Rhyme, Foo Fighters and whatever else fits what mood I am in.

For the most part I try to stay away from the super-over-processed stuff most pop bands dish out these days. I like strong voices not synthesizers.

Is that Flobots any good? I've heard a couple they play on sirius and I like it so far.

I like them. Their ryhmes are pretty decent, they have good beats and a steady flow.
A lot of the stuff on the album is not like what gets played on the radio. The band is extrememly political and has a lot of cuts and dubs from speaches and such . Still over-all I find the album to be an enjoyable one.

whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts: 2994
Join date: 2008-07-13
Age: 33
Location: MA USA

View user profile http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  EvilGuitars.com on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 am

CLUTCH

KISS

OBITUARY

MONSTER MAGNET

MOTLEY CRUE

L.A. GUNS

KING DIAMOND

EvilGuitars.com
CAD Grunt

Posts: 146
Join date: 2008-07-08
Location: Boston, Mass

View user profile http://www.EvilGuitars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  Assburrito! on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:09 am

EvilGuitars.com wrote:CLUTCH

KISS

OBITUARY

MONSTER MAGNET

MOTLEY CRUE

L.A. GUNS

KING DIAMOND

If you're into Clutch, have you heard any of the RED FANG stuff? There's a great video on youtube.

Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

Posts: 1199
Join date: 2008-07-05
Age: 38
Location: OKC, OK

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  DannyCassette on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 am

Ive said it before and I will say it again....KISS...most over rated band ever?! If I was teen in the 70's maybe I would be down. But looking back Im not a fan.

DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

Posts: 536
Join date: 2008-07-24
Age: 35
Location: Carrboro NC

View user profile http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Thread

Post  Mendez on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:38 pm

DannyCassette wrote:Ive said it before and I will say it again....KISS...most over rated band ever?! If I was teen in the 70's maybe I would be down. But looking back Im not a fan.

I saw them when I was 7 at the Salt Lake City Palace 1978!!! My brothers took me to see them since I was a lil KISS fan. Came home deaf and full of confetti. Ahh to be REALLY young.

Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Posts: 2500
Join date: 2008-08-06
Age: 42
Location: EARTH

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum